Suggested Tools

Do you know of any available software that can be used for programming? or help with programming then tell us about it in here.
12 posts Page 1 of 2
Contributors
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Suggested Tools
mikethedj4
There's tons of tools out there for designers, and developers. Tons that can be listed and suggested, so that's what this topic is about. If you have any other suggestions that aren't listed by all means feel free to list them below.

Edge Reflow - Responsive CSS Layout Designer
Edge Animate - Multimedia Authoring Tool
Google Web Designer - Win/Mac
MMD: My Mobile Design - A Mobile Website Designer
CSS Tools - A collection of CSS tools to make designing easier.
TweenUI - HTML5 Animation Tool
Ella: Elegant Light Linux Animator
Codqia, and Fluid UI (Online) - Mobile Prototyping Designer

HTML OnLive Debugger (Android/Web/Chrome) Realtime Code Debugger/Web Playground
Cloud9IDE: Another great multi-functional online IDE. Great for collaborative works as well. Highly suggested!
JSBin (Web) - Realtime Code Debugger
Liveweave (Web) - Realtime Code Debugger
JSFiddle (Web) - Another web playground
Tridiv (Web) - CSS 3D Editor
Lagoa (Web) - WebGL 3D Modeling Editor
ThreeNodes.js (Web) - WebGL Node Editor
SharpDevelop (Win) - Free, open source, lightweight alternative to Visual Studio for C# and VB.NET developers. Great IDE most of us are familiar with.

SVG-Edit: - HTML5 Vector Editor
Janvas: - HTML5 Vector Editor
NOTE: Janvas doesn't work on mobile, but svg-edit does.
Inkscape - Win/Lin/Mac Vector Editor
GIMP - Win/Lin/Mac Image Manipulation Tool
Nodewerk - Win/Mac/Air Node Effects Editor
Blender - Win/Lin/Mac 3D Modeling/Game Development/Video Editing Tool
Lagoa - Powerful WebGL Powered 3D Modeling Application in the Browser
Geany - Win/Lin/Mac Advanced Text Editor
Komodo Edit: Win/Lin/Mac Advanced Text Editor
NINJA IDE Win/Lin/Mac Another great multi-functional, cross platform text editor.
FileZilla - Win/Lin/Mac FTP Client
VirtualBox - Run An Operating System Within An Operating System

Simplector - Android Vector Editor
Droidedit - Android Text Editor
FTPCafe - Android FTP Client
Aviary's Photo Editor - (Android/iOS/Web) Photo Editor

TideSDK: Create multi-platform desktop apps with HTML5, CSS3 and JavaScript
Apache Cordova: Build native mobile
applications using HTML, CSS, and JavaScript

FormatFactory: (Win) A multifunctional media file converter
CamStudio: Windows desktop screen recorder
RecordMyDesktop: Linux desktop screen recorder

Backtrack Linux is a great operating system to have (it's based off of ubuntu), has tons of built in hacking tools, even for RFID. It doesn't come with a software center, or disk utility. This os is recommend more for geeks, and those that are more familiar with Linux. AKA it's a security distribution.
Last edited by mikethedj4 on Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:08 pm, edited 13 times in total.
comathi
Coding God
Coding God

Re: Suggested Tools
comathi
Not necessarily for developers but still very useful tools nonetheless:

LibreOffice: Microsoft Office alternative, compatible with Office file types, but most importantly, the Open Document Format (odf). LibreOffice Writer is also good for basic PDF editing. (Windows, Mac, Linux)

Audacity: Audio manipulation / recording / editing. (Windows, Mac, Linux)

Glade: Graphical User Interface designer. Works well with Python and other languages. (Windows, Linux)
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

mikethedj4
comathi wrote:
Not necessarily for developers but still very useful tools nonetheless:

LibreOffice: Microsoft Office alternative, compatible with Office file types, but most importantly, the Open Document Format (odf). LibreOffice Writer is also good for basic PDF editing. (Windows, Mac, Linux)

Audacity: Audio manipulation / recording / editing. (Windows, Mac, Linux)

Glade: Graphical User Interface designer. Works well with Python and other languages. (Windows, Linux)
LMMS is pretty good for producing music as well. A good alternative to FL Studio.

Wax 2.0: (Win) is a semi advanced video editor, with chroma keying, animation/timeline keyframing, among other options. This is a good video editor to startout with if you're interested in pursuing motion graphics. (Best video quality I got was rendering with the DivX Codec)
Codex
Coding God
Coding God

Codex
Coda 2 Mac(OS X) - Advanced web code editor (Paid)
Sublime Text Win/Mac/Lin Another advanced web code editor with cross-platform support (Shareware)
We shall let the revolution begin.. the revolution for freedom, freedom against censorship. We shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

mikethedj4
Rendera is an online html5 editor. May come in useful for some of you. I've been using this to test and learn HAML/SCSS better.
Eenox is a pretty nice app for designing a website (desktop/tablet/mobile)
Mixeek is ok too. Didn't think about listing it on here, but may come in handy for someone.
Master M1nd
Top Poster
Top Poster

Master M1nd
I want one that works Same like HTML ONLIVE DEBUGGER! When i write <html> it automatically writes </html>.

But not online!
i want to use it in my PC ( PROGRAM ).
is there any ? cooll;
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

mikethedj4
There's a few listed here. I use Geany.
comathi
Coding God
Coding God

comathi
I think Geany will do that, but you might have to go into the preferences first.
Master M1nd
Top Poster
Top Poster

Master M1nd
Yea I downloaded Geany and it's working perfect! But it do not have a preview at Left|Right| or any other, we have to save our code and then to display in browser!
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

mikethedj4
Added this to my original post, but thought I'd share as most people here would like and appreciate this software.
SharpDevelop (Win) - Free, open source, lightweight alternative to Visual Studio for C# and VB.NET developers. Great IDE most of us are familiar with.
Eclipse (Win/Lin/Mac) - Another great multi-functional, multi-language IDE. (For Android a good alternative is AIDE, using PhoneGap/Cordova you can compile HTML(5)/JavaScript web apps as native android apps)
Master M1nd wrote:
Yea I downloaded Geany and it's working perfect! But it do not have a preview at Left|Right| or any other, we have to save our code and then to display in browser!
Most IDE's don't have a live preview functionality. Others that do don't do it very well either.

Adobe Edge Code has this type of functionality as well. Which really takes advantage of the capabilities of Codemirror.
12 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Programming Software”