Plz help; AS2

Do you know of any available software that can be used for programming? or help with programming then tell us about it in here.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
backo
Just Registered
Just Registered

Plz help; AS2
backo
Can anyone please be nice and tell me how to fix my problem, i'll try to explain it for you...

so lets see, its a space invaders-ish game, its a tanklooking thingie that can go forth and back, and i have all the animatopn for it, but i am struggeling with making a movie inctance of the bullet at the X position of the tank, without making the bullets path bend when i move my tank afterwards. if anyone know how to help me, it would be very nice, thanks.
Cheatmasterbw
Coding God
Coding God

Re: Plz help; AS2
Cheatmasterbw
What do you mean by "movie inctance"?
http://www.megaapps.tk/
backo
Just Registered
Just Registered

backo
AS2 is what the scripting form is whithin Flash 8, withing the newer versions of flash there are AS3 (action scipt 3)

so if you dont know too much about flash ill try to explain to you what a movie clip instance is ^^

well, first of all you have a movie clip, wich basicly is a animation within the animation. this movieclip can be controlled by a script.

one single copy of this movieclip is a "movie clip instance"! :D

hope that helps xD ^^ :D
Cheatmasterbw
Coding God
Coding God

Cheatmasterbw
I'm not too familiar with AS2. :/
Did you try googling it?
http://www.megaapps.tk/
backo
Just Registered
Just Registered

backo
yep, i have tried, i cant find any kind of tutorials or anything :/

i have accually tried to fighure this very thing out for 2 months now xD

well well, i guess i can almost give up on this then xD

unless someone else wants to help me then ^^
bisnes_niko
Serious Programmer
Serious Programmer

bisnes_niko
You are making it wrong. You must make the animation inside the tank and the main time-line must be like 4 frames for Main Menu, Game itself, End and/or About

I would go learning AS3.0 instead of AS2.0, well, incase you don't have Adobe Flash CS3, then forget the AS3.0

If I understood wrong, you are making it that you have the animation in your main time-line and not inside the movieclip

I don't remember much AS2.0 anymore, but I can give you some tips...

Remember to add "Stop();" on the time-line code (Where the AS3.0 goes)... This will stop your game to play the 4 frames all the time.

If (Key.isDown(Keys.Left) {
Rocket.GotoAndPlay(2); // Movieclip called Rocket
}

This will remove the Stop(); code piece from your rocket movieclip. Well, not actually remove it, but It will make the animation continue

I am writing this from school, so I couldn't make up with anymore... If you are reading this and I am not still at home, hold on :P, cuz I am about to edit this ASAP.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Programming Software”