Product Key Management System

Heres your chance to share your own tutorials with the community. Just post them on here. If your lucky they may even be posted on the main site.
72 posts Page 8 of 8
KraZy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Product Key Management System
KraZy
Hello How can I verify the license expiry user?
Once you have purchased the software license should I make it last one year, at this point I would like that after this date, the software turns off. You can do this?

Thanks.
I'm in the empire business.
clanc789
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

Re: Product Key Management System
clanc789
You can work this out by hardcoding certain serial numbers in your app, which are then again 'saved' in the my.settings file and checked upon at boot, to see if the expiration date is already due or not.
This system is easy to cheat on by changing your windows time or use some kind of 'RunAsDate' program. Also, hardcoded serialnumbers are easy to retrieve from the program.

If you want something advanced, you can use the tool provided by CodeNStuff on the site here somewhere (link with a tutorial: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=103&start=0 ).
I know your topic title is exactly the same as the topic made by Cody, but you posted it in the VB.NET > Tutorials section, so I do not know which way the answer should be guided, I tried to give both POVs here, let me know if I missed anything.

Hope it helped you! Cheers!
Practice makes perfect!

VIP since: 6-10-2011
72 posts Page 8 of 8
Return to “Tutorials”