How to make a Desktop viewer vb 2010~!

Heres your chance to share your own tutorials with the community. Just post them on here. If your lucky they may even be posted on the main site.
28 posts Page 2 of 3
mandai
Coding God
Coding God

You should use an IP address that belongs to a local network interface on that machine that will be listening. The client will also use this IP if it is on the same network. Any port can be used as long as it is open and reachable.
zachman61
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

very nice ProProgrammer
If this works
ill THANKS U!
Nailing my feet to the floor is easier than using my own muscles to balance, but you don't see me doing that :)
smashvb
Just Registered
Just Registered

This is very nice, it works on my own machine, but I can't connect to people on a different machine, any tips?
Noob.exe
Top Poster
Top Poster

You should post a source for those that are too lazy to make one :)
<3 VB & Python
Proprogrammer
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

i will post a source for you guys and mad march!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Proprogrammer, not just a Programmer.
lesan101
Top Poster
Top Poster

okay, i was able to make both client, and servr programs. no errors so far...

but i'm kind of lost on the connecting part. the person who has the "server" would be the one i will be watching?

also. how do i find out my network ip? and what port is open? do i need to fill out a port 2?
mandai
Coding God
Coding God

It would be possible to re-design this to reverse the roles of the client/server.
You can find out your LAN IP with the ipconfig command.
All ports are open by default unless you have firewall software running.
If you are doing this over TCP/UDP then yes you will need to specify both sets of ports.
M1z23R
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

I think you can do both things through one connection, there is no need for two of them i think !
Zelsoft
Top Poster
Top Poster

hey can u help me out i made the client and server but i have no experience what so ever in making communication programs and ports n stuff you know what i mean so i put in my ip in the server and i put in the port 150 and the second one 150 and i opened to client and inputted 150 and 150 in the text boxes and in the server i clicked the button and it said that no connection can be made because the machine actively refused it can u help me out and be very specific and tell me exactly what to do because as i said before i have like 0 experience in this but anyways awesome job with this program :D
- WuSaMi Bringing the Pro in Programmers Once again
lesan101
Top Poster
Top Poster

mandai wrote:
It would be possible to re-design this to reverse the roles of the client/server.
You can find out your LAN IP with the ipconfig command.
All ports are open by default unless you have firewall software running.
If you are doing this over TCP/UDP then yes you will need to specify both sets of ports.
yeah i already have the lan ip, and port, but either way i input it on server, then input it on client and when i press listen, i get a debug error.

what am i supporse to press 1st, connect or listen?
28 posts Page 2 of 3
Return to “Tutorials”