Changing the home page

Need help with the website or have you spotted an error or do you have any suggestions on how tom improve the site please let us know in here.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Changing the home page
CodenStuff
Hello all,

I do like to keep the site up-to-date and add new stuff/fix old stuff etc and I'm in the middle of loads of new stuff for the site.

One of these things is a do-over of the home page. After I update it (very soon) the page will look basically the same but instead of having a brief look at the latest tutorials as it does now, it will have a list of "blog" type posts on it.

These blog like posts will contain news articles on the latest software/hardware, anything we feel is important to the coding community and also software reviews and recommendations. We can review software that members have created and give them a rating using the new debug star rating as shown here:

We will allow all members to create these blog posts if they want to review some software or find something interesting that they want to share with other members.

Posting articles like this will not only be beneficial to us all and help make the home page look better but it will also help improve our search rankings in search engines by having content we may not normally post about but others will be searching for online and that will lead them here.

I really think this will be a good addition to the site and it looks pretty good on my test server :)

I'll add the update soon and if you have any thoughts about it please let me know.
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
Filip
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

Re: Changing the home page
Filip
Isn't that like home page from few years ago?
CodenStuff wrote:
Nope, it's just your sick and dirty mind. You sick twisted warped little pervo :D
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Changing the home page
CodenStuff
A little but a lot better. It will be posts about new tech and software things like that.

Other things like when apple and Microsoft have press events to announce stuff and they stream it on the web we can post about those as they happen..just generally keeping everyone informed about what's going on in the tech world ect.

I think it will be good but you'll probably understand better when I add it to the site.
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Website Help & Suggestions”