Windows 7 virtual machine Drivers

Any questions about installing or configuring software of any type to be asked in here, we will help you.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
DrNayr

Windows 7 virtual machine Drivers
DrNayr
Hello,

I have recently switched from my Desktop to a mac, and really didn't like it anyway because I keep my main files here now, so I got windows 8, it looked so ugly to me(opinion) and then I switched to ubuntu, I like to stay on it but I wanted also a windows 7 virtual machine, so I got a Windows 7.iso and a Virtual Machine (Parallels Desktop 8) and installed it.. but

I can't have the aero effect, or play any game, graphics, even simple things, and it says "Damaged or outdated Drivers" or "Contact the manufacturer of your computer or video card for a WDDM-compatible driver."

I have tried alot downloading drivers but nothing works, since its on a virtual machine on mac I dont know what to do, And, I have video drivers in my mac but I dont know why it doesnt work in the virtual machine

any suggestions?
mandai
Coding God
Coding God

Re: Windows 7 virtual machine Drivers
mandai
You should make sure the Parallels Tools package has been installed (this includes the display driver).

If the driver is installed and there are still issues you may need to adjust the video memory - this article may be useful: http://kb.parallels.com/en/112476
Though it is typical that many virtual machines won't work well with graphical games.
DrNayr

I will try to check if i didn't install the tools package, and will check that link too but just after I get to home
DrNayr

Sorry for the delay, it worked so great, thanks mandai +rep
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Installing Software”