Webcam Tutorial 'save session'

Any questions about installing or configuring software of any type to be asked in here, we will help you.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
Experimenter
Just Registered
Just Registered

Webcam Tutorial 'save session'
Experimenter
Thanks for the webcam tutorial - the display in VB8 works great with Microsoft LifeCam. However, I am not able to record and save a video session. Is there a unique set of button presses that will allow for a saved session?
Thanks. gordon
Napster1488
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Experimenter wrote:
Thanks for the webcam tutorial - the display in VB8 works great with Microsoft LifeCam. However, I am not able to record and save a video session. Is there a unique set of button presses that will allow for a saved session?
Thanks. gordon
Just Download Fraps or something to Record the Video from Webcam.
YouTube Downloader v3.0
Experimenter
Just Registered
Just Registered

I'm sure Fraps and similar recorders will do the job of recording webcam video, however the entire point here is to experiment with Visual Basic 8. If I understood the intent of the CodeNStuff Webcam Tutorial its purpose was to enable the use of a Webcam recorder within a Visual Basic application. Although the CodeNStuff recorder displays (and may possibly save a single screen shot) within a VB application, I have yet to successfully save a video clip appearing in the display.
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello Experimenter,

Which webcam tutorial did you use?
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
Experimenter
Just Registered
Just Registered

Its the one found here... show.php?id=7
Experimenter
Just Registered
Just Registered

For some reason the full address of the tutorial didn't appear above - I'll try again without the 'dots'

www codenstuff com/forum/show.php?id=7
Axel
Coding God
Coding God

Re: Webcam Tutorial 'save session'
Axel
Experimenter wrote:
For some reason the full address of the tutorial didn't appear above - I'll try again without the 'dots'

www codenstuff com/forum/show.php?id=7
the link works but the complete link is hidden ( its with all codenstuff.com links )
don't mind it
http://vagex.com/?ref=25000
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

It should capture video. Press the record button to start recording, press stop button to stop recording and then press the save button to save what you just recorded.

So: Record > Stop > Save
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
Experimenter
Just Registered
Just Registered

CodeNStuff, thanks for your attention. I began with a fresh new application and then did a fresh copy and paste of the Webcam Tutorial code. After a couple of minor corrections because of "spacing" during the copy and paste the application ran perfectly - except that I still cannot save a video file.

A look in the Windows "recent items" does indicate a shortcut had been created under the file name Video4 - which is the file name I assigned during the save. Although the shortcut exists, still no video file.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Installing Software”