Vista won't install

Any questions about installing or configuring software of any type to be asked in here, we will help you.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
Vikhedgehog
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Vista won't install
Vikhedgehog
I'm trying to install vista but get error code 0x80070070 when it starts installing. Yes I know that vista sucks, but its the only os except win7 that supports the network/graphics drivers and its always good to have a 2nd os to use incase something happens to windows 7 or if you want to test older software. I'm installing from USB (re-burned the ISO twice or 3 times), and have created a 50 gig partition. I have 3 other partitions (Main, 9,5gb recovery and 100mb system reserved). I tried setting the vista partition to logical but still no luck. Also when I want to delete, format or convert back to primary, easeus is saying that the vista partition has an error and might cause my computer to stop booting if i proceed. Any help? :(
Vikhedgehog
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Re: Vista won't install
Vikhedgehog
Bump.
SumCode
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

SumCode
I think if you keep you Win7 partition primary that it won't stop booting. Think. Try this (won't require USB) get poweriso and mount the vista iso to a drive and then click my computer then right click the drive you mounted it to and select open. And you should get this

Then select sources and search for setup

This should start the installation of windows.

This is just what I think would work sorry if it doesn't :(
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

CodenStuff
If you google vista install and the error number you get quite a few results with the same problem and for some it appears that deleting the 100mb reserve solves the problem (do at own risk) and for others its an issue with having windows 7 on the system and you should try install vista and then 7. If you do a google search you will find loads of different discussions and things to try to solve it but ive never encountered this problem before so I dont know what it is :?
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
Vikhedgehog
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Vikhedgehog
Interesting... Its about time to clean my HDD so it shouldn't harm :P
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Installing Software”