CC and PP values

Anything not covered in the other sections like Computer trouble - Hardware Issues - Upgrades and other technical stuff to be asked in here please.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
clanc789
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

CC and PP values
clanc789
Hey there coders,

It's been a long time since I posted something, first I was on holiday and after that my school started, first year of university, and it is pushing on me a lot :P (It is a lot of fun though!). I'll try to be a bit more active here than I was and I hope I will succeed in that :)

My question is about algorithms as linked in this post (if this kind of link is not allowed I am sorry for that, please do remove it in that case mods).

I am talking especially about this part:
Code: Select all
S/N: CP0647EH6DM(BF)
Remove CC and PP values: CP06476DM
"XXX" values hex-encoded: CP064736444D
SHA1-ed: 06f48a28eba1ab896a396077d772fd65503b8df3
Default SSID: BTHomeHub-8DF3
Default encryption key: 06f48a28eb
I understand the Default SSID and encryption key part, but the step from S/N to CC and PP is simply comprehensible for me.

This would be the explanation for CC and PP, but I fail to comprehend that either...

My question to you is: how can I detect the CC and PP in such a 'string' so to say.

Disclaimer/for those who are worried about the purpose of my question: I am helping a friend who is studying ICT and Software science and this is part of his course, neither of us understands it, and I hope some of you do :)

Kind regards,
Max

PS if this is the wrong section, I am sorry, I don't have a clue where to post it though.
Practice makes perfect!

VIP since: 6-10-2011
comathi
Coding God
Coding God

Re: CC and PP values
comathi
Moved the topic to somewhere I thought was more appropriate.

As far as I'm concerned, this seems to be purely for education/security purposes, so I won't personally remove it.
mandai
Coding God
Coding God

mandai
I'm not sure that W3C document is relating to this (it describes some sort of XML structure).

From what I can see this CC and PP may be referring to some sort of formatting in the serial number. It looks like they just removed characters at 6 and 7 and the bracket numbers at the end.
clanc789
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

clanc789
mandai wrote:
I'm not sure that W3C document is relating to this (it describes some sort of XML structure).

From what I can see this CC and PP may be referring to some sort of formatting in the serial number. It looks like they just removed characters at 6 and 7 and the bracket numbers at the end.
so I could safely assume that the specific "algorithm" in this case is nothing more than the removal of the
6th and 7th character and the brackets and their content? Thanks for the help, if anybody has another view on this, please do tell.

#comathi thanks for moving the post to the correct forum :)
Practice makes perfect!

clanc789
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

clanc789
The format of a serial number:

CP YY WW PP XXX (CC)

And from what i can tell of the following serial number taken from
router i received.

CP 06 15 JT 109 (53)

YY is the year produced. ( 2006 ) ?
WW is the week of year. ( some week of April ) ?
PP is the production code. ( JT ) factory code?
CC is the configuration code. ( 53 ) seems to be 00 - ZZ (0-9/A-Z)

I can only guess that the XXX values represent the unit number
Found this online, so this seems to be the solution, for anybody who wondered/needs this in the future.
Practice makes perfect!

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “General Help”