Serious lag

Anything not covered in the other sections like Computer trouble - Hardware Issues - Upgrades and other technical stuff to be asked in here please.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
code it
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Serious lag
code it
Hey today I started up my computer lagggeeed like crazy for maybe 1.5 hours and finally I can use it right now without lag. Does anyone know the problem and how I can fix this?
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Serious lag
CodenStuff
Have you tried disabled/uninstalling any software that loads on startup as something there could be the problem. You also need to check your hardware out and make sure you don't have any problems, this blog contains some good links to free diagnostic software you could try: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-tes ... -hardware/
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
jtlusco
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

jtlusco
It could be several things a software called cleanup (have to google it) will help clean up those pesky junk files, defrag your hard drive if you have not done it in a while, to help narrow down the issue open task manager when you startup and look at the processes that are running so you can see what is using the most of your HDD CPU or Ram, and like CodenStuff said check what is running on startup also can vary from OS to OS along with versions of OS.
Have you been scripted today
smashapps
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

smashapps
What were you running at the time when it was lagging?
My name is Tom | Visit my blog where I post new content every day! Tom's Daily Blog | MineCraft is awesome!
Usman55
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Usman55
When you boot up your computer, open up Task Manager by using Ctrl+Shift+Esc. In the processes tab, sort the list by Disk usage. Then check which process is using the hard disk most.

For me, it's OneDrive sync or Defender.
jtlusco
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

jtlusco
OneDrive, Dropbox, Box, Copy, any of those sync apps for online storage are resource hogs until they finish syncing
Codex
Coding God
Coding God

Codex
What I usually do is I disable all startup applications and then debug which app is causing the massive hog (or test the limit). You do this by enabling startup applications one by one, until it starts getting slow.

PS: You can also upgrade to W8 which is pretty damn fast!
We shall let the revolution begin.. the revolution for freedom, freedom against censorship. We shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender
code it
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

code it
Hi guys i found the problem its with the services but im not sure which ones to disable
jtlusco
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

jtlusco
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “General Help”