help again

Anything not covered in the other sections like Computer trouble - Hardware Issues - Upgrades and other technical stuff to be asked in here please.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
code it
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

help again
code it
my computer has been acting efffy lately like i boot up windows, i can use it for like 5 mins and then lag forever. so i boot up into safe mode no lag and it works great how can i fix this problem?
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: help again
CodenStuff
I have a feeling you may have something running in the background on startup, maybe even a virus :?

First thing to do is run a virus scan (if you can), then check your startup applications and disable anything you don't recognise or just disable everything.
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
code it
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

code it
i think it might be some of the services because i disabled a bunch and it booted up a bit quicker

edit: ill try these and ill tell you what happens thanks btw.
edit: already 10 detected viruses :s
code it
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

code it
i virus scanned and it removed all the viruses, restarted computer used it for a minute and it froze again and had to boot into safe mode again
zachman61
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

zachman61
Some things you could try:
  • Reseating your RAM
  • You should look into seeing how good the thermal compound on your CPU is. If it's not looking like it's properly distributed, you should probably add some to it.
  • Dusting your PC out
Nailing my feet to the floor is easier than using my own muscles to balance, but you don't see me doing that :)
AnoPem
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

AnoPem
Try run msconfig.exe and go to start and deselect applications you dont want to startup with your system
https://t.me/pump_upp
jtlusco
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

jtlusco
As an IT Technician I can recommend http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/downloa ... -portable/ to help.
Have you been scripted today
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “General Help”