Testing Application Error

Anything not covered in the other sections like Computer trouble - Hardware Issues - Upgrades and other technical stuff to be asked in here please.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
RonaldHarvey
Top Poster
Top Poster

Testing Application Error
RonaldHarvey
Hello There?

I made an application in Visual Basic 2008 Express Ed. for exporting data to Excel and test it to another computer (with Windows Xp) which had no Visual Basic 2008 Express Edition installed, but I got this error:
" Could not load file or assembly Microsoft.Office.InterOp.Excel, Version = 12.0.0.0, Culture = Neutral, Public Key Token = 71e9bce111e9429c' or one of its dependencies. The system can not find the file specified ".
This is so important that we will know, if some users who want to buy our software without any Visual Basic installed can still use it or else they will return the software to us.
By the way, I used Windows 7 in making my application.

Hello smart coders, how can we solve this problem?

Please help. :?:
mandai
Coding God
Coding God

Re: Testing Application Error
mandai
There should be some interop dll files in your project's bin folder. You will need to have these in the same folder as your application for it to run properly.
RonaldHarvey
Top Poster
Top Poster

RonaldHarvey
I copied the whole folder with all the data but still I got an error. Maybe because I exported the Microsoft.Office.InterOp.Excel, Version = 12 and this version is only for vista and above version. Well, I'll try doing this with XP and test that to Vista or Windows 7.
We'll see if ok.

Thanks my friend for the idea. clapper;
Jg99
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Jg99
use the office 2003 version, it might work for xp then cause office 2003 was made for xp
http://www.sctechusa.com SilverCloud Website
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “General Help”