Drive panel broke

Anything not covered in the other sections like Computer trouble - Hardware Issues - Upgrades and other technical stuff to be asked in here please.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
Vikhedgehog
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Drive panel broke
Vikhedgehog
Yeah the panel-thing on my drive broke. Now i need to push it and the button at the same time to eject :( Is there a safe and easy way to fix it? Like using glue? :lol:

Please reply, thanks.
IMG20111210_001.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Drive panel broke
CodenStuff
Yes if its broke then I think a tiny blob of glue would do the trick as it doesnt look vital..but make sure you keep it ejected while the glue sets or you wont be able to open it again lol

It also looks a bit dusty on top so you may want to give it a clean :P
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
Vikhedgehog
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Vikhedgehog
CodenStuff wrote:
Yes if its broke then I think a tiny blob of glue would do the trick as it doesnt look vital..but make sure you keep it ejected while the glue sets or you wont be able to open it again lol

It also looks a bit dusty on top so you may want to give it a clean :P
Thanks cody, now i just need to buy some real glue not the one i have lol :D
smashapps
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

smashapps
You can pick up some cheap and nasty Super Glue for $2, You don't need much, and trust me the cheap ol' super glue will glue your fingers shut if you aren't careful, so it should definitely do the trick,

and as Cody said it doesn't look vital so it should be fine, just make sure it doesn't get on any electrical components or something or there will be problems :P

Goodluck!
My name is Tom | Visit my blog where I post new content every day! Tom's Daily Blog | MineCraft is awesome!
comathi
Coding God
Coding God

comathi
Yes, if you do as Cody said, and just keep it ejected, you should have no problem fixing it.

Good luck :D
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “General Help”