What will yoo doo?

Here you will find the latest competition contest and the entries for them. Hurry and submit yours now.
13 posts Page 1 of 2
Contributors
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

What will yoo doo?
CodenStuff
Get creative...

Last month I started work on a new service called CodeVoo, a service to allow programmers of any level from the "newbs" to the "Pros" to add online interactive services in to their new or existing creations. The API's allow for both storage and retrieval of data in many different forms to make your creations less static and more awesome.

A few things you can do with CodeVoo include:

A user registration and login system
Group/Private Messaging
A ticket system for support questions
Storing data and high scores for games
Storing user specific data for app settings, configurations, options etc

Having the ability to store/retrieve data online has many benefits, one of which is knowing the data is still around even if your computer crashes and breaks.

You can use CodeVoo for desktop, mobile and web projects and in any programming language. Use it for games, calendars, To-Do lists, messaging, movie/music/image data, for groups of users or even personal use...the limit is only your imagination.

CodeVoo is still under development but it is up and running for everyone to use and give it a try for FREE right now.

I need you to test the service and if you require a feature or option that it doesn't currently have then let me know and I will do my best to add it to cater for your needs.

I've decided to kick off a new contest to see what you can come up with and find the best ideas on using CodeVoo.

What can you win by taking part in this contest....

I am giving you the chance to win the latest Raspbarry Pi to take your creativity even further, this amazing piece of kit can be used to build all sorts of things, a personal computer, an music/video player, weather monitor, clocks, personal and home alarms, CCTV, heck you can even built a talking fridge. dunnno;

Processor: Broadcom BCM2835 SoC with 700MHz ARM1176JZF-S core
RAM: 512MB
Display: Videocore 4 GPU supports resolutions up to 1920×1200
Storage: Slot for micro SD card
Ports: 10/100 Ethernet, 4 x USB 2.0, HDMI, audio/video jack socket, GPIO header, micro USB power, DSI and CSI

The eventual winner will receive a brand spanking new Raspberry Pi developer board (the latest model available at the time the contest ends), all the equipment needed to get started such as power supply, cables, keyboard, memory cards, mouse will all be included so you can get to work using the Pi as soon as it arrives.

Already have a Pi?
If you win the contest and already have a Raspberry Pi then let me know and I will send you a whole bunch of modules, boards and add-ons to "pimp" out your Pi instead.

So what do you have to do to enter?
Just creating something that uses the CodeVoo API's, it can be a desktop, web or mobile application and written in any language you want. You can create and enter as many projects as you want and each will be counted as an entry.

Existing applications modified to use CodeVoo in some way are also acceptable, just use your imagination and think of how you can make best and creative use of the API's.

Simply post your application for download or a link to the website/app store it's hosted on when you're finished.

There is no rush for this contest, I want you to take your time and be as creative as possible.

The contest will end on December 15th 2014 and the winner will receive their prize in time for the holidays. Prize will be sent via special recorded delivery to ensure you receive it in good time and in good condition.

Not only that but I will also be drawing a random entry on the 15th of every month until December and that entry will win a prize.

So you have plenty of time to get your entries in and have some creative fun.

What will yoo doo with CodeVoo? (see what I did with the spelling there lol)

Head over to www.CodeVoo.com to get started.

Happy coding cooll;
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
zachman61
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Re: What will yoo doo?
zachman61
Hello, will you ship this to the US? I'm entering either way.
Nailing my feet to the floor is easier than using my own muscles to balance, but you don't see me doing that :)
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

CodenStuff
Yes I will ship the prize to wherever the winner lives.
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
zachman61
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

zachman61
CodenStuff wrote:
Yes I will ship the prize to wherever the winner lives.
Awesome! Also, I posted a suggestion on the codevoo discussion forum.
Nailing my feet to the floor is easier than using my own muscles to balance, but you don't see me doing that :)
comathi
Coding God
Coding God

comathi
My first attemps at integrating Codevoo with a game I made!

I decided I would start off easy and just rework an old game I made in school a few years ago. It's a space-themed obstacle game, quite fun, actually.

I used the EasyGaming API to build a score system. You're free to submit your score whenever you want.

Use A and D to move the spaceship :)

Music made by the amazing #Agust1337
Don't forget to unzip before testing, and don't rename the "Mon Application Libs" folder or else the app won't work!

Have fun! cooll;
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

CodenStuff
Nice little game #comathi :) perfect example of how to use the easy gaming API.

Remember you can post as many entries as you want until December and you can even post WIPs (work in progress) apps and they will also be counted towards the monthly prize draw...and it will be good to see how you're getting on :)

Keep them coming guys cooll;
NoWayIn
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

NoWayIn
Oh dang, I've been away for a long time !
This is a super cool contest Cody (if I can recall) and I will submit my entry soon enough.
I'm happy to see that you're still working hard on the site!
Good luck to all!

EDIT:
I have uploaded my first entry, which is using the Login/Registration API.
Remember that you have to extract it before using.

Here are some pictures :

There is another form after you login, but you can see that after you try it out :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by NoWayIn on Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

CodenStuff
Like the form design and glad to see you taking part.

Can't wait to see what you do next cooll;
NoWayIn
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

NoWayIn
So, I found this 50% complete memory game project on my disk (from 2010 O_O) and decided to finish it and add in a high score system, using the EasyGaming API.

It's a memory game, using pokemons.
See if you can beat my time!
*The player with the lowest time is displayed on the program with the time*
*Screenshots below*
*Please report any bugs to me so I can fix it*
*Extract before using*
Maybe I'll add a top 5 high score system in V2, but I was just toying with the Easy Gaming API for now.

The "theme" of this program is based on the Leaf Green Pokemon game. (If you play pokemon)
zachman61
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

zachman61
Here's what I've got so far, it's a basic Ticketing system, only has support for adding, but I plan to add an admin system and such.
http://zeesixtyone.com/cv
13 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Competitions”