Defenders of Aerostone [Updated: 23/10/2013]

Here is the place to post images, videos and downloads of your current and upcoming applications that you are working on.
13 posts Page 1 of 2
Contributors
smashapps
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

Hello everyone,

Defenders of Aerostone is an upcoming MMORPG I am working on. I am paying someone a lot of money to design some artwork for it.

This thread will show pictures of development over the next few months, if you want to be part of this project I would be more than happy to let you join!

I am looking for c# programmers, artists, and story writers.

Email: audaciouagamer@gmail.com

Or reply to this thread or message me privately.

More details are coming soon.

Early concept artwork:

Last edited by smashapps on Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
My name is Tom | Visit my blog where I post new content every day! Tom's Daily Blog | MineCraft is awesome!
smashapps
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

Update: [21/10/2013] Added an image
My name is Tom | Visit my blog where I post new content every day! Tom's Daily Blog | MineCraft is awesome!
Ffenixw0rks
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Good luck! cooll;
Why have you chosen VB.NET over C#or even XNA?
smashapps
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

Since posting this I've actually changed my mind. The whole game is going to be in C#. Currently working with benji_19994, are you interested in helping?

I'm working on simple things for now, it will be about 2 weeks or so until I have some of the artwork sent to me. Local chat is working, open and closing inventory with short cuts. It will be several weeks before we will have a lot of the coding done.
Usman55
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

I wish you best of luck. I always wanted to make such a game. You're actually doing it.

When you make it, please post an article on how the code works (not the source code, just how it works). I would be thrilled.

You should play a few games like RuneScape and Skyrim to gain motivation and inspiration along with ideas.
smashapps
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

I've played RuneScape before I had a lot of 99's, I played WoW for a long time too and many other MMORPG's, I already have my vision in mind it's just going to be hard to get the graphic artists to get the vision, with what I'm paying them anyway!

My dad may be helping with finding people to help, getting studio equipment to get music/sound effects recorded. He knows several people working professionally as programmers overseas, interstate, and locally.

I will keep updating this thread as progress is made and I will explain how the code works when I am done later on for you.
smashapps
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

Updates for 23/10/2013
Added:
- Local chat (still working on multiplayer chat)
- Commands (/)
- Check if commands exist or not
- Key events (esc, enter, B)
- opening and closing of player inventory
- Started work on rock generation
Currently working on generating rocks and trees, this will include being able to chop down/mine these, reward the player with experience in the appropriate skill, remove the rock or tree from the game, re generate the rock or tree, and reward the player with the items they chopped or mined.

Also working on the experience system and will start work on the following soon:

- Quest system
- Combat
- Player movement
- Collision
comathi
Coding God
Coding God

The artwork looks amazing. Whoever you're paying to do it is doing a great job :lol:

Can't wait to see how the development goes. If anything this'll be a pretty sweet-looking game.

Keep it up cooll;
smashapps
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

Thanks #comathi

Took awhile to get the artist to understand the concept. The artwork will take awhile because I just can't afford it right now. I mean if anyone wants to come forward and lend me $500 that'd be great lol.
Usman55
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

I'm like the sound of it.
13 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Work in Progress”