[WIP] Notepad Advanced

Here is the place to post images, videos and downloads of your current and upcoming applications that you are working on.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
anthonygz

[WIP] Notepad Advanced
anthonygz
This is just something I've been working on, and I figured I'd might as well de-necrofy my account and post it here.
All copyrights included in the program.
Images and Icons by Icon Archive
Theme by Aeon
Hosting by Dropbox

External links inside the program are as follows:
Dropbox.com for .text file reading for the Update Center
Twitter.com for Aeon's twitter page (in respects)
My weebly website page for the program
And that's about it.
If you still feel insecure about the program, heres a virus total scan of the .exe:

https://www.virustotal.com/en/url/c8a60 ... 408572619/

HTML/PHP/CSS Syntax Module
Better Live Editor
Uploading to Popular File-Sharing Sites
Ability to switch to HTML/PHP/CSS/C-PLUS Syntax Modes
Batch and VScript Builder

This program is a bit of a side project, so it'll be updated at my convenience.
Cheers.

Screenshots:

The forum software doesnt seem to want to let me use https:// links, so heres the link to download it:
Or it could be my fault, but either way - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/513 ... vanced.exe
Last edited by anthonygz on Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
comathi
Coding God
Coding God

Re: [WIP] Notepad Advanced
comathi
Sounds really cool, but it'd be nice if you could include a few screenshots of the software cooll;
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

CodenStuff
Download link doesn't work :?
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
anthonygz

anthonygz
CodenStuff wrote:
Download link doesn't work :?
I see why, the forum software put a http:// in front of the https://

Adding screenshots and fixing link.
XTechVB
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

XTechVB
So basically its a RichTextBox or TextBox and a WebBrowser.
Some advice to you and others who want to create usable text editors with the RichTextBox or TextBox: Don't even try! those controls, like almost all the others in the .Net Framework, are just wrappers around the old and outdated native windows libraries and APIs (from like the 90s), They were not designed to do complex text editing (which is very important these days, especially if you're into programming), so they are really, really slow and buggy.

For some reason Microsoft spends years patching/repairing old libraries, instead of creating them from scratch or updating them, with modern features and standards. This is one of the reasons why for some time now i was thinking on going with Linux.

However, if you are determined to do a usable and stable text editor, you can always create a custom RichTextBox from scratch, with your own features, Though it will probably take you a few months :D .
You can find me on Facebook or on Skype mihai_92b
anthonygz

anthonygz
XTechVB wrote:
So basically its a RichTextBox or TextBox and a WebBrowser.
Some advice to you and others who want to create usable text editors with the RichTextBox or TextBox: Don't even try! those controls, like almost all the others in the .Net Framework, are just wrappers around the old and outdated native windows libraries and APIs (from like the 90s), They were not designed to do complex text editing (which is very important these days, especially if you're into programming), so they are really, really slow and buggy.

For some reason Microsoft spends years patching/repairing old libraries, instead of creating them from scratch or updating them, with modern features and standards. This is one of the reasons why for some time now i was thinking on going with Linux.

However, if you are determined to do a usable and stable text editor, you can always create a custom RichTextBox from scratch, with your own features, Though it will probably take you a few months :D .
Already made my own native module for the program, the text box is just a placeholder until I get the syntax mapping right: then all I have to do is just drag it in like any old control.
As for the live editor, I'll replace the placeholder web browser with the chromium api and inject the code inside.
Yes, this will take awhile; but I'm going at my own pace.
Support and functionality will be strictly for windows (well yeah, because its made in vb.net), but if I get a lot of support for the final product, then I'll go ahead and clone it over to python.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Work in Progress”