Writely

Here is the place to post images, videos and downloads of your current and upcoming applications that you are working on.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
Codex
Coding God
Coding God

Writely
Codex
Hello guys,

As I am a person who enjoys procrastination, I am always looking for distraction-free writing apps for the computer. While I've found many on Windows and Mac (I use both OS's), not all of them provide the features I need together with a suitable design. I wanted to try making my own, which is why I have come up with Writely, a distraction free word editing software(Rich text). I created this application in 15 minutes while I was bored.

The application enjoys basic features that most people will need provided in a "clean" design.

Screenshot

Download
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nbwws88q19n3x ... y.exe?dl=0
Dropbox link (236kb)

As can be seen in the screenshot, the application doesn't support "advanced" features which destroy the basic purpose of the clean and minimalist design. While this is a very early beta, it functions fairly well, though please note that the application does have bugs.

Feedback (Bugs, criticism, feature requests, compliments) ? I am also looking for someone to take over the project, since I am most likely not going to update it further. In the event no one is interested I will release it open source on Github.

{Codex}
We shall let the revolution begin.. the revolution for freedom, freedom against censorship. We shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender
Dummy1912
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Re: Writely
Dummy1912
looking good #Codex
yea can be fun to use it without to have ms office installed
:) so no print support or even image adding

but looks awesome :)
maybe you can add those parts
can be handy :)

nice work :)
visit us on:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Lau ... -Run.shtml
Check it out ! http://www.softpedia.com/publisher/I-A- ... 90017.html
Check it out ! http://www.softpedia.com/get/Desktop-En ... lock.shtml
Codex
Coding God
Coding God

Codex
Thanks for the feedback #Dummy1912, you can paste an image by Ctrl + V for now, haven't had time to add that, even though it's really easy :D. Print support will actually be added too!
Thanks again
We shall let the revolution begin.. the revolution for freedom, freedom against censorship. We shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender
smashapps
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

smashapps
I like this app. You didn't use icons did you?
My name is Tom | Visit my blog where I post new content every day! Tom's Daily Blog | MineCraft is awesome!
Codex
Coding God
Coding God

Codex
smashapps wrote:
I like this app. You didn't use icons did you?
Thanks #smashapps, the only icon I used was the app icon, otherwise I haven't used any icons for anything else. The QuickStyle bar, which appears on text selection, was created with labels with text formatting to represent the effect. ("B" is bold, "I" is italic, etc.)
smashapps
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

smashapps
I figured as much. I did download the program and try it out.
At first I thought that the bar appearing when you selected text was interesting but it seems to get in the way a bit. I wanted to do the same but I figured I'll just have everything in the right click menu, which I made myself in my version but didn't use any default controls (context menu).
My name is Tom | Visit my blog where I post new content every day! Tom's Daily Blog | MineCraft is awesome!
Codex
Coding God
Coding God

Codex
smashapps wrote:
I figured as much. I did download the program and try it out.
At first I thought that the bar appearing when you selected text was interesting but it seems to get in the way a bit. I wanted to do the same but I figured I'll just have everything in the right click menu, which I made myself in my version but didn't use any default controls (context menu).
The QuickStyle bar is actually inspired by Microsoft Word's own bar which appears on text selection (last time I checked :P). The only problem seems that the bar appears on the text, instead of above or below. I tried to fix it, but since I didn't have much time I left it as is.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Work in Progress”