[WIP] Harp Music

Here is the place to post images, videos and downloads of your current and upcoming applications that you are working on.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
SumCode
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

[WIP] Harp Music
SumCode
Hey guys, today, I have a new project that I've been working on, Harp Music.

Harp Music spawned off of my want to play music from YouTube, Soundcloud, and my own personal library. There used to be an application like this, Aurous, except it used pirated music so it got taken down. So now I present to you guys Harp Music.

Some features include (but are not limited to):
  • Modern interface using MetroFramework
  • Playing videos from YouTube, SoundCloud, and your own library.
  • Streaming videos from YouTube and Soundcloud without their UI's
  • Videoplayer using WMPLib Media Player
  • Autoplay on the videoplayer
  • Videoplayer controls have autohide
  • Library with live editing*
*Live editing means that any changes made to any item automatically saves.

Full showcase of all of the features:
View Video

Screenshots:

Known bugs:
  • Video controls will sometimes auto-hide despite mouse hovering over it
Download:
Harp.zip
Thanks for reading and any recommendations regarding features or bug fixes are greatly appreciated!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by SumCode on Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Filip
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

Re: [WIP] Harp Music
Filip
Hey,

It looks like a wonderful project! I haven't had an opportunity to test it out, but I have few questions:

[*]Is it possible to use multimedia keys on my mouse/keyboard in order to switch between tracks?
[*]Is it possible to cache YouTube/SoundCloud music for offline listening?
[*]Is it possible to add up next music to some sort of queue?

Thanks in advance for answering!

I really like the UI and this looks like a very useful and handy application!

KR,
-Filip
CodenStuff wrote:
Nope, it's just your sick and dirty mind. You sick twisted warped little pervo :D
SumCode
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

SumCode
Thanks for the reply and to answer your questions:
Is it possible to use multimedia keys on my mouse/keyboard in order to switch between tracks?

Not at the moment. I have not yet setup any hot keys for now, but I definitely will. If there are any other hot keys you think would be useful aside from pause/play, foward, backward, etc., please let me know. On my settings page I will eventually have a hot key tab so users can personalize which keys do what.

Is it possible to cache YouTube/SoundCloud music for offline listening?

No, although, originally I did have this ability in my first couple of builds. I ended up removing it because the way I retrieve the YouTube stream is a little bit different and I'm not sure if I am allowed to download files the way I would be. However, for soundcloud, I would definitely be able to download those music files since it's being streamed through the sound cloud api.

Is it possible to add up next music to some sort of queue?

Not really. Right now the only queue you can get is through rearranging the order of songs in the library tab and the songs will automatically play one after another. The idea of a queue is something that is really just a temporary playlist and I am hoping to add the ability of making a playlist very soon.
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

CodenStuff
That looks really good. Will try it out this weekend :D
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
SumCode
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

SumCode
Alright guys new update.

CHANGES:
Added ability to set hotkeys for playing, pausing, stopping, going in reverse, and advancing
Added ability to cache YouTube and SoundCloud media for offline listening
Added ability to select which quality to view/download YouTube videos
Added ability to view/download copyright protected YouTube videos
Added ability to download the audio only from a YouTube video
Added ability to create playlists

Pictures:

Download:
Executable file:
Harp.zip
Source code: Mega Download (sorry file was too big 3.3MB).

The reason I am posting this as a reply is because this will most likely be the final time I make any changes to the program (as I am quite content with where it is now). So, in addition, I will be posting the source code. To make your own changes to the program you will need a YouTube API key and a SoundCloud API key.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
smashapps
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

smashapps
Hey,

I love the look of this program but it doesn't work properly for me. It freezes up when searching for music and I keep getting errors, I had an error when a video was loading to play saying it cannot connect to the server and when I created a playlist it had two of the same created, instead of creating just the one.
My name is Tom | Visit my blog where I post new content every day! Tom's Daily Blog | MineCraft is awesome!
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Work in Progress”