CamDesk Development Plans

Here is the place to post images, videos and downloads of your current and upcoming applications that you are working on.
24 posts Page 1 of 3
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

CamDesk Development Plans
mikethedj4
Official Webpage - Facebook Fan Page

CamDesk v1.2 for Windows Released!

So what are the main goals?
CamDesk 1.2 is made to be tablet friendly, while still maintaining the ability for home surveillance. There's a new chromakey feature added as well for those that want a transparent background of the application. (Done using TransparencyKey).

I don't plan on adding inversions, or any special effects. Why? Two examples ManyCam, and SplitCam. The plan is to make sure that you'll be able to change webcam source, and have programs like ManyCam, and SplitCam work with CamDesk for v1.2+.

Additionally not everybody likes drop shadows, sure you can disable it for all windows, but what if you don't want it just for CamDesk? Well I plan on implementing a way where the user can uncheck a checkbox to disable the drop shadow in CamDesk.

As for file storage, and capacity you can read about that here.

For those wondering about CamDesk, and screen recording refer here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now it'll remain free, open source, and it'll be licensed under GPL2.

I'll be programming The Windows version in VB 2010 Express Edition, and as for CamDesk for Linux. I still have a lot more learning to do, so when I get around to adding anything new to CamDesk for Linux I'll update you on development.
Last edited by mikethedj4 on Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:27 am, edited 4 times in total.
Vikhedgehog
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Re: CamDesk 1.2 Underway!
Vikhedgehog
Its great that you're continuing this app cooll;

I've seen some apps on mac that do the same thing, but never on windows/linux so its quite unique. When i downloaded it for the first time and opened it up it showed the camdesk logo and i was thinking that the main GUI was loading, after waiting for a minute i found out that you can start recording by right clicking. So i think you should make a hint or something so users don't get confused. Also i don't really like the style of the config window, maybe use a new custom skin instead of a blue rainbow thing. Otherwise its a great app and im looking forward to use it.
Dummy1912
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Dummy1912
cooll; cool mike :lol:

you think it will record to?
visit us on:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Lau ... -Run.shtml
Check it out ! http://www.softpedia.com/publisher/I-A- ... 90017.html
Check it out ! http://www.softpedia.com/get/Desktop-En ... lock.shtml
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

mikethedj4
Vikhedgehog wrote:
Its great that you're continuing this app cooll;

I've seen some apps on mac that do the same thing, but never on windows/linux so its quite unique. When i downloaded it for the first time and opened it up it showed the camdesk logo and i was thinking that the main GUI was loading, after waiting for a minute i found out that you can start recording by right clicking. So i think you should make a hint or something so users don't get confused. Also i don't really like the style of the config window, maybe use a new custom skin instead of a blue rainbow thing. Otherwise its a great app and im looking forward to use it.
Well the text document says everything you need right on it, but yeah I agree the GUI looks terrible.
Dummy1912 wrote:
cooll; cool mike :lol:

you think it will record to?
I don't know how I'd be able to implement that. As remember I'm getting rid of the right click menu, and the whole functionality will be on clicking, double clicking, etc:
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

mikethedj4
I'm redoing the settings/preferences dialog box from top to bottom. As the UI looks terrible, and I can do so much better, but also I gotta add the new additions into it. Now I still have a lot to do, but this is where I'm at so far, as far as designing the basic preferences window.

The advanced preferences window will enable you to change hotkeys, and customize the UI.

Also I'm planning on adding a help button on the preferences page for thoughs that want to understand how to use CamDesk better.

All ideas are welcome.
un kn0 wn
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

un kn0 wn
Looks nice mate and something different :)
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

mikethedj4
I've decided to go a different way in CamDesk's development.

My plan for a fully customizable gui is no longer, as I haven't been able to figure out how the user can save their settings for the gui. Although that would make the file size much larger. Although the images of the interface are completely customizable, and the splash image can have any width, and height you want, but be aware it scales to the dimensions of what the user sets the webcam size to be.

Additionally with this new release the properties window is much smaller, but still has the same functionality as before. Another thing to point out is the webcam will startup as soon as you launch CamDesk, and the only way to stop is by pressing "F1", or right click and press stop. If you have multiple webcams connected via usb, or bluetooth it'll prompt you for webcam source, but you must have the proper drivers installed for your webcam otherwise CamDesk will not work.

Currently there's no built in option to change webcam source from say cam1 to cam2. In order to do that you'll need to restart CamDesk.

Last version was 1.52MB
Current released version 1.17MB.

You save 0.35MB

Download CamDesk 1.1
CamDesk 1.1 Source Code

UPDATE: "Fixed Bugs in CamDesk v1.1.1"
  • Integer changes to opacity, and/or dimensions no longer revert back to default.
  • When you change the integers for dimensions and press enter. CamDesk's webcam now resizes.
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

mikethedj4
I plan on adding the ability to record and have CamDesk v1.2 for Windows take 1 photo every 3 seconds (you'll be able to change this later on). I just need a server where the photo's will go so the user can access them, and my hosting provider doesn't have unlimited webspace. If I can find someone willing to let me use their server, and it'll remain up (so you gotta be trust worthy) I'll give it about 5 maybe 6 months till development would be done, but that'd mean complete reconstruction of the application from top to bottom as I'll be planning on using OpenCV (The Open Source Computer Vision Library) for the motion recording, instead of tracking.

Also I plan on setting the option so you can have the images go on your hard drive or online. So you can choose between the two. If anyone wants to help that'll be greatly appreciated.
AnoPem
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

AnoPem
mikethedj4 wrote:
I plan on adding the ability to record and have CamDesk v1.2 for Windows take 1 photo every 3 seconds (you'll be able to change this later on). I just need a server where the photo's will go so the user can access them, and my hosting provider doesn't have unlimited webspace. If I can find someone willing to let me use their server, and it'll remain up (so you gotta be trust worthy) I'll give it about 5 maybe 6 months till development would be done, but that'd mean complete reconstruction of the application from top to bottom as I'll be planning on using OpenCV (The Open Source Computer Vision Library) for the motion recording, instead of tracking.

Also I plan on setting the option so you can have the images go on your hard drive or online. So you can choose between the two. If anyone wants to help that'll be greatly appreciated.
I have unlimited space, however i dont know for how long i will have the money to keep my site up and running. but if your interested pm me
https://t.me/pump_upp
Shim
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Shim
#mikethedj4 i dont have a server . Take a look at this page http://www.free-webhosts.com/free-unlim ... bspace.php
Find my programs on Softpedia
24 posts Page 1 of 3
Return to “Work in Progress”