CrptoPAD - The Perfect Notepad

Please post all your completed software applications in here. This is for full software which you have created and wish to release and share with everyone.
19 posts Page 2 of 2
Contributors
visualtech
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

mandai wrote:
Is there a fix for that?

Thanks for spotting that mistake, mandai. As I promised, the update it out. Sorry for the delay, as I was re-writing the encryption algorithm. Now uses a Stronger 8012 Bit algorithm.
mandai
Coding God
Coding God

Re: CrptoPAD - The Perfect Notepad
mandai
It still crashes with Bad Length when using the RSA checksum option.
It is not clear why the Base64 option is classed as Encryption if there is no password. Base64 is used for encoding rather than encryption.
visualtech
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

well if you read books on cryptography, base64 can be used for encoding as well as encryption! RSA, is a key generation algorithm, please select the bit of text you want hashed , then right click -> Hash -> hash name
mandai
Coding God
Coding God

mandai
Base64 is used in some algorithms to format data. I haven't seen any books that describe this as encryption by itself.

I've selected a good few lines of text before using the RSA checksum option but it is unclear why it still crashes.
visualtech
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Wikipedia Says:
In cryptography, encryption is the process of encoding messages (or information) in such a way that eavesdroppers or hackers cannot read it, but that authorized parties can
Base64 string is formatted such, that no one will be able to see what the original text it! And therefore, it can be classified as an encryption algorithm!
mandai
Coding God
Coding God

mandai
Any unauthorized party can decode a Base64 string. Going by the description that you have given it is therefore not an encryption method.

Base64 is typically used to represent binary data between different systems.
visualtech
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

that depends on the size of the key. a 128 byte key can take a long time to guess/crack!
mandai
Coding God
Coding God

mandai
There is no point arguing about this. RFC4648 describes the complete specification for Base64 and smaller encodings, and I don't see any mention of key sizes in there.
A fix for the crashing would be useful though.
visualtech
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

i rest my case. Anyways, how is the app overall? and we are working for the update for the app
19 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “Full Software”