Maths Touch Pal 1.2 - Lots of changes -

Please post all your completed software applications in here. This is for full software which you have created and wish to release and share with everyone.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
smashapps
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

Hey guys,

I have a lot to cover for this new version of my game I've been working on. A new thread seemed to work better because I have a lot to go over, and thought this would be easier for me.

Maths Touch Pal is a challenging maths game for all Windows devices that can run .Net Framework 4.5, for people who like to type, drag and use their fingers on a touch screen.

The game doesn't have an ending, and it's game stage advances every 10 correct answers. It's a timed game, you lose time for incorrect answers, and gain very little time when you get further into the game.

I took a lot of suggestions and feedback from people who tested my game into consideration and constructed this table:

The game is now complete (Version 1.1, anyway).
Added features for 1.1:
- Auto Updater
- Easy, Medium and Hard difficulty levels
- Can now type answer
- Display score and timer changes for 1 second
Added features for 1.2:
- No negative numbers will be generated, or questions with a - negative answer
- Timers increased now based on difficulty, 24 seconds for Easy, 16 for medium and 8 for hard
- The time rewarded for answering correctly has dropped from 8 to 4, this will prevent you building up too much time, and keep the game challenging.
Overview image:

Game Requirements:

.Net Framework 4.5

Playing the game:

To play the game, open up the game and select a difficulty level, from Easy to Hard. You start with 30 seconds on the clock. Answer the questions by dragging the correct answers to the white box next to the question, or by typing in the answer. If you drag the wrong answer or type the wrong answer you lose 3 seconds on the clock.

As you advance in the game, the score you earn increases and the time you earn back decreases. Complete as fast as possible to earn a higher score! Share your scores on this thread!

Download:

http://bit.ly/1gYgrHy

If you like this game, or dislike, please leave comments below with your opinions. I like feedback, tell me how to improve this game, what you do and don't like etc.

If you like the game remember to +rep :)
Last edited by smashapps on Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My name is Tom | Visit my blog where I post new content every day! Tom's Daily Blog | MineCraft is awesome!
noypikami
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

wow, it was nice, i played a lot.
****you can make the timer a little bit more faster on the
hard difficulty, i felt that it's a little bit slow.

over-all impression: VERY GOOD / VERY NICE APP
smashapps
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

What if I made it so Easy = 30 seconds to start with, Medium gives you 20 seconds, and Hard gives you 10?

The way the game is built at the moment you should enough time to make it to game stage 10 before you start really running out of time. I think changing the time to those limits, maybe even less the game would be even more challenging.

I was considering not allowing the game to generate answers that require a negative number too, what do you think about this?
My name is Tom | Visit my blog where I post new content every day! Tom's Daily Blog | MineCraft is awesome!
noypikami
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

yes, you can change the starting time than a little bit lower than before. :)
i think it's a good idea also not to generate negative numbers. as the stage goes high the numbers should be higher too to make it a more harder to calculate by the user.
smashapps
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

I've updated the game. You can use the Updater from version 1.1 (Just run the game - it's automatic) or just download from the updated link.

The updates are listed on the first post.
Shim
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

I played your game but I couldn't go further and make good scores coz I'm really weak in maths
Find my programs on Softpedia
smashapps
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

I'm good at my 9 times tables but that's about it lol

What did you think of the game though? Any suggestions, any problems with it?
Shim
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

I didn't find any bugs in it but I've got a suggestion : I think you should make the highscore thing a little bit advanced I mean you could implement the highscore project you created.
Find my programs on Softpedia
smashapps
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

The highscore project isn't operational anymore since I don't have a server. Good idea though, I do plan on improving the highscores for this game later.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Full Software”