• 331 Replies
    1928 Replies

Flap Happy Bird

CodenStuff
Site Admin

Flap Happy Bird

Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:06 pm

I'm so sorry, I had some time to kill so made this lol

A VB.Net version of the annoying game FlappyBird - it's not an exact copy but it works.

Use "W" to flap your bird, dodge the pipes and see how long you can flap about.
FlapHappyBird.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.

smashapps
Coding Guru

Re: Flap Happy Bird

Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:20 am

Nice little game. It's not exact but it's still just as annoying as the original lol.

Is there anyway we can get the source? I wouldn't mind knowing how you scroll the level across.

Thanks
My name is Tom | Visit my blog where I post new content every day! Tom's Daily Blog | MineCraft is awesome!

comathi
Coding God

Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:39 am

Shameless plug. #Filip and I worked on a mobile version of the game a while back. It's incomplete as far as high scores go, but it's playable ;) Just click to make the bird go up.

http://comathi.com/floppybird/

CodenStuff
Site Admin

Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:56 pm

#comathi just played it and I like the mario sounds lol. Your bird doesn't flap though :P

#smashapps yes the source attached below.

The level isn't a complete scrolling level, I used picture boxes for the ground and panels for the pipes and when they scroll off the side of the screen they reset position giving the illusion of a scrolling level, not a lot of code involved but its a bit messy as usual.
FlapHappyBird.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.

smashapps
Coding Guru

Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:00 am

Would you mind if I used the source in some of my own projects later? and thanks.
My name is Tom | Visit my blog where I post new content every day! Tom's Daily Blog | MineCraft is awesome!

CodenStuff
Site Admin

Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:00 pm

You can use it and do whatever you want with it cooll;

Return to “Full Software”