SpaceAge

Please post all your completed software applications in here. This is for full software which you have created and wish to release and share with everyone.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
Filip
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

SpaceAge
Filip
Hello,

a few days ago, I saw a tweet renowned astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson:
It was his birthday on that day, so in astrophysical fashion he wrote how old is he on Mercury and Saturn (because every planet in the solar system takes longer / shorter time than Earth for the entire orbit around the Sun). Inspired by this, I made a small web application that based on the inputted date (birthday, anniversary) returns a number of years and days on each planet within the system. It is also possible to see where some planets were in relation to the Sun, i.e. at which stage of their orbit they were at your birthday. Size of the planets on the page are relative to each other as well as their orbits, while the Sun is scaled down for obvious reasons :) For the best results, it is recommended to use a device with larger screen, however, app has been optimized for smartphones as well. Feel free to reply to this post with any problems you've encountered or general suggestions. I am aware of slightly poorer performance with Firefox, but Chrome and Edge seem to work well. I've tested the app in Google Chrome & Microsoft Edge on Windows 10, along with Chrome on iOS 10.

Try it out

PS: Many thanks @comathi for the background image and consultation in the making! (Thank you, sir!)

Screenshots:

Choosing the date

I'm still a baby on the Jupiter

Choosing planets

Zooming in on a planet by hovering over its icon on the top bar

On mobile

KR,
-Filip
Last edited by Filip on Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
CodenStuff wrote:
Nope, it's just your sick and dirty mind. You sick twisted warped little pervo :D
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: SpaceAge
CodenStuff
Really nice work. I like i t :D
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
Filip
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

Filip
PS: Could we get embed tweet BBCode? It shouldn't be too hard to implement as tweet HTML can be obtained in JSON format from following URL:
Code: Select all
https://publish.twitter.com/oembed?url=<url_to_tweet>
KR,
-Filip
CodenStuff wrote:
Nope, it's just your sick and dirty mind. You sick twisted warped little pervo :D
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

CodenStuff
Done.

Using "Copy link to Tweet" from Twitter you can embed a tweet using the following BBCode:
[tweet]Tweet link URL here[/tweet]
Output example:
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
Filip
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

Filip
CodenStuff wrote:
Done.

Using "Copy link to Tweet" from Twitter you can embed a tweet using the following BBCode:
[tweet]Tweet link URL here[/tweet]
Output example:

Great work!
CodenStuff wrote:
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Full Software”