MC Server

Sell you old and unwanted computer related items in here and/or if you need something yourself then post a wanted add.
17 posts Page 2 of 2
Contributors
jordy03

Re: MC Server
jordy03
Is it $200 LIFE-TIME server with 20gb of RAM, if thats it I might think about it?
muttley1968
Hardcore Programmer
Hardcore Programmer

muttley1968
Yes it's just one time fee I can't promise lifetime as my dad is only paying for the next two years but I plan to keep it going after that my self
comathi
Coding God
Coding God

comathi
Well this is getting kinda complicated, legally speaking, and here's why:

- The buyer pays a flat $200 fee for the server, there are no additional monthly fees.

- The buyer isn't dealing with a company, there is no contract. Bills for the server are out of the buyer's hands. Whoever signed the contract with the host (your dad, I presume), could stop funding the server at any time without the buyer's consent.

- Even if for the next two years the server is maintained, there's no garantee it will be maintained further. Which means the buyer is paying $200 for an unknown amount of time.

I'm not accusing you of anything, but I wouldn't be comfortable purchasing this server without some sort of contract or agreement that the server will be maintained for a specific amount of time and that no additional costs will be charged.
muttley1968
Hardcore Programmer
Hardcore Programmer

muttley1968
I understand tottaly and i would like anyone who is looking and intrested to know that i CAN NOT make any quaranties for the uptime of the server

However what i can say is if you review my posting you would see i have had this server for a very long peroid of time already.

And i would also be more than happy to make some sort of agreement where i have to give you notice prior to closing the server and i for personal reassons dont see it being anytime soon but more info is avilable on request.

Sorry guys dont want to give anyone a bad deal. :)
Codex
Coding God
Coding God

Codex
comathi wrote:
Well this is getting kinda complicated, legally speaking, and here's why:

- The buyer pays a flat $200 fee for the server, there are no additional monthly fees.

- The buyer isn't dealing with a company, there is no contract. Bills for the server are out of the buyer's hands. Whoever signed the contract with the host (your dad, I presume), could stop funding the server at any time without the buyer's consent.

- Even if for the next two years the server is maintained, there's no garantee it will be maintained further. Which means the buyer is paying $200 for an unknown amount of time.

I'm not accusing you of anything, but I wouldn't be comfortable purchasing this server without some sort of contract or agreement that the server will be maintained for a specific amount of time and that no additional costs will be charged.
muttley1968 wrote:
I understand tottaly and i would like anyone who is looking and intrested to know that i CAN NOT make any quaranties for the uptime of the server

However what i can say is if you review my posting you would see i have had this server for a very long peroid of time already.

And i would also be more than happy to make some sort of agreement where i have to give you notice prior to closing the server and i for personal reassons dont see it being anytime soon but more info is avilable on request.

Sorry guys dont want to give anyone a bad deal. :)
I agree with #comathi… If I pay you for example 200$, what is stopping you from shutting down the server ? I can't sue you, I don't have a contract. I can however sue myself for stupidity, for not being clever enough.

#muttley1968
We shall let the revolution begin.. the revolution for freedom, freedom against censorship. We shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender
muttley1968
Hardcore Programmer
Hardcore Programmer

muttley1968
Once Again everyone this is true, no one has an real quarantine than my word and to most of you this probabbly means nothing.

It is just an offer to people i think may like it. i am sorry if you think this is a rip off
muttley1968
Hardcore Programmer
Hardcore Programmer

muttley1968
Sorry bumping this back up please read the post again the offer has changed
17 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “For Sale & Wanted”