Should i learn C before i learn C++

If you wish to post tutorials or need help with any web programming language that isnt listed above then please post them in here.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
benji_19994
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Should i learn C before i learn C++ what do you guys think,
what do you guys think will benefit me in the long run
Shim
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Re: Should i learn C before i learn C++
Shim
Everyone should learn C++ and C, period. It doesn't matter when or in what order, but I don't think anyone can truly call themselves a well-rounded programmer if they don't know at least one of them, possibly both. If for no other reason, people should learn C++ to see what happens when a language starts to be crushed by its own weight.

When I say "learn C++" I mean really learn it. Learn how/why templates work, how it handles explicit/implicit conversion, partial specialization, and other advanced topics. Lots of people learn how to write a class definition and compile a program and claim to "know" C++. That's C with classes not C++. I'm not saying you have to use all of the stuff, just that someone should know how it works before claiming to "know" the language.

C++ really is something unique among languages and "knowing" it will make you a better programmer. Writing and learning C++ is like training with weights on.
Find my programs on Softpedia
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Other Languages”