How to Make our Computer Virus Free, if nothing else works

Anything not covered in the other sections like Computer trouble - Hardware Issues - Upgrades and other technical stuff to be asked in here please.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Hi All
I have been fighting 43 Viruses in a Friends computer, and everything i tried did not work :(
Formating = no
Reload XP over the Top = no
Delete Viruses = no

Everytime i tried anything the Virus replicated itself, and when he gave me the Laptop to have a look at it had 31 Viruses on it :( and by the time i had spent an hour or so fiddling about it had 43 :( )

He had AVAST Running on the Laptop and it did not DETECT THE VIRUS :roll: :roll:

The Main Dodgy File which was causing all the Agro on my Friends Laptop was

The = Lsas Blaster.Keyloger Virus

Which just wanted to connect to the Internet and then send His Credit Card Details to Wherever :(

After a good sleep and thinking i would have to give it back to him still infected :cry: , I had a Brain wave :)

SYSTEM RESTORE :)

So if this ever happens to your Computer, then try this as it does work :)

!. Start computer then before it boots up Fully, Hold down the power button and switch it off

2. Restart and it should say that there was a problem starting up and will show the OPTIONS to restart with SAFE MODE and the other Options.

3. Choose SAFE MODE

4. Once your computer has rebotted into SAFE MODE, Go to PROGRAMS/ACCESSORIES/SYSTEM RESTORE

5. RESTORE it too an earlier date before you got the Virus

JOB DONE :) wahooo;

You now should have a VIRUS Free Computer :) wahooo; wahooo;

Well it has worked for me and should by rights work for all.

I hate being beaten by anything and will do all i can to rectify things before i totally give up cooll;

Hope this helps you all if you get Infected and nothing else you do works.

Chris
Insignia
VIP-Member
VIP-Member

You do know a format is way better then system restore.. Since system restores can be undone they are still stored on the computer thus can cause the virus to come back.

For the real cleaning just use dban it wipes the system with secure file methods which even the government uses.. Then just reinstall a clean Windows..

Works every time. Oh and the virus could have infected the MBR in that case even after a Dban and a clean Windows and it comes back, Remove the bios battery for a minute and put it back. This resets the BIOS/MBR and then do a Dban/Windows reinstall again :)
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Hi Chocolate
Thanks for the Info above :)
I have downloaded dBan and will do as you suggested

Nice One :)

Cheers

Chris
Insignia
VIP-Member
VIP-Member

No Problemo :)

I've used it before it's a real killer :D
Scottie1972
Codenstuff Elite
Codenstuff Elite

that was why i asked you if you re partitioned the harddrive...the really good virus out there will embed them selves in the root. and the only way to remove them is to re patition the HD.

So no matter if you a format or system restore...the bug will still be there and just have to wait til its call time to replicate itself agin.

then your right back to where you started from.
Insignia
VIP-Member
VIP-Member

Scottie1972 wrote:
that was why i asked you if you re partitioned the harddrive...the really good virus out there will embed them selves in the root. and the only way to remove them is to re patition the HD.

So no matter if you a format or system restore...the bug will still be there and just have to wait til its call time to replicate itself agin.

then your right back to where you started from.
That's why I always dban.. Just wipe the whole drive securely.. Remove the BIOS Battery for a minute put it back put in the Windows disc, Re-Partition via setup and install cooll;
AleRi8
Top Poster
Top Poster

u can connect the invected hd as a slave then boot from the master hd then use malware bytes 2 remove viruses saves a reformat
check out my software
win7 itweaker basic £4.50
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=793
Agust1337
Coding God
Coding God

hungryhounduk wrote:
Hi All
I have been fighting 43 Viruses in a Friends computer, and everything i tried did not work :(
Formating = no
Reload XP over the Top = no
Delete Viruses = no

Everytime i tried anything the Virus replicated itself, and when he gave me the Laptop to have a look at it had 31 Viruses on it :( and by the time i had spent an hour or so fiddling about it had 43 :( )

He had AVAST Running on the Laptop and it did not DETECT THE VIRUS :roll: :roll:

The Main Dodgy File which was causing all the Agro on my Friends Laptop was

The = Lsas Blaster.Keyloger Virus

Which just wanted to connect to the Internet and then send His Credit Card Details to Wherever :(

After a good sleep and thinking i would have to give it back to him still infected :cry: , I had a Brain wave :)

SYSTEM RESTORE :)

So if this ever happens to your Computer, then try this as it does work :)

!. Start computer then before it boots up Fully, Hold down the power button and switch it off

2. Restart and it should say that there was a problem starting up and will show the OPTIONS to restart with SAFE MODE and the other Options.

3. Choose SAFE MODE

4. Once your computer has rebotted into SAFE MODE, Go to PROGRAMS/ACCESSORIES/SYSTEM RESTORE

5. RESTORE it too an earlier date before you got the Virus

JOB DONE :) wahooo;

You now should have a VIRUS Free Computer :) wahooo; wahooo;

Well it has worked for me and should by rights work for all.

I hate being beaten by anything and will do all i can to rectify things before i totally give up cooll;

Hope this helps you all if you get Infected and nothing else you do works.

Chris
good spyware or malware or else scanners :p
MalwareBytes' (free)
SuperAntiSpyware(trial)
Advanced System Care Pro(trial)
You're crazy!
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested. ~Sheldon Cooper
Vitiry
Just Registered
Just Registered

Why dont you tap F8 continuously when the computer boots up instead of restarting it?
Anyway, best way is to format your computer or scan with Malwarebytes.
Signature isnt necessary.
Nery
Co-Admin Moderator
Co-Admin Moderator

You can also use use Spybot - Search & Destroy (Its probably the best anti-malware around.

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “General Help”