Increase Virtual Memory using USB [EASY]

Anything not covered in other boards, software, tricks, tweaks, help etc please post in here.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
EwoudVL

Increase you RAM using a USB might sound odd, but it definately works!
Right click on computer, then go to properties:
For Windows XP:
click on advanced
For Vista/Windows 7:
You see a link on the left : "Advanced System settings" or something similar(my computer is in dutch :s)

*Then under performance you click on the button "Settings", you go to the tab Advanced and click on the button "Change" under Virtual memory.
*After that you wait a moment until the USB is loaded in the box, you select the USB, click on select custom size and enter (at Initial size AND maximum size) the number next to "Space Available" -5( Windows wants a min of 5mb free space).
*Click Set, click "OK", wait a moment(you might get a message that you will have to restart, just close that message) and press APPLY and then OK again (Do NOT close it or it will not work).

I hope you find it useful cooll;

PS: To undo this, simply enter at custom size the values 0 and 0(if you get a error there, select no paging file), shutdown, remove the USB, and start the computer again. (Do not unplug it while the computer is started.) Now it's a normal USB again.
Agust1337
Coding God
Coding God

lol nice trick :)
You're crazy!
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested. ~Sheldon Cooper
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Misc”