Glossy Button

Created or found some images that you would like to share with others? please post them in here. Buttons, backgrounds, borders or any images people could use in there applications.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
code it
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Glossy Button
code it
I got this from a tutoiral by Kaunas 163 cuz i didnt know how to make buttons that r glossy dunnno;
glossy button.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Snyper345
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Re: Glossy Button
Snyper345
i like it i just dont like the outershadow thing But good work Code it :D
code it
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

code it
I could remove that but llater :P
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

mikethedj4
The rectangle's edges are very pixelated (haft to look closely avoiding the drop shadow) fix the pixelated edges.

Also you're missing gradients, such as a top glow, and bottom shadow for this particular button, not to mention the base background color is remaining at blue being pretty boring I'd say go with a light blue, and then an average blue color with a radial gradient and use that for the base.

As for the gloss, it shouldn't be blurred like it is, poor job with the eraser tool on that, but nice effort with a change on the average glossy effect people do.

I also think the drop shadow should be moved down a bit as it looks poor staying behind the rectangle at the same spot.

Here's an example image I made on what I'm talking about.
glossy button.png
The project file is no longer available for download!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by mikethedj4 on Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
code it
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

code it
mikethedj4 wrote:
The rectangle's edges are very pixelated (haft to look closely avoiding the drop shadow) fix the pixelated edges.

Also you're missing gradients, such as a top glow, and bottom shadow for this particular button, not to mention the base background color is remaining at blue being pretty boring I'd say go with a light blue, and then an average blue color with a radial gradient and use that for the base.

As for the gloss, it shouldn't be blurred like it is, poor job with the eraser tool on that, but nice effort with a change on the average glossy effect people do.

I also think the drop shadow should be moved down a bit as it looks poor staying behind the rectangle at the same spot.

glossy button.png
PhotoShop Project:
glossy button project source.zip

DO U HAVE GIMP SOURCE? wahooo; wahooo;
Axel
Coding God
Coding God

Axel
code it wrote:
mikethedj4 wrote:

glossy button.png
PhotoShop Project:

ftp://ftp.gimp.org/pub/gimp/v2.6/
but don't leech it ( copypaste it and sell it and such things)

EDIT : Oh you mean the project ?
you can just open psd files in GIMP (I'm kinda sure)
Untitled.png
http://vagex.com/?ref=25000
code it
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

code it
Axel wrote:
code it wrote:
mikethedj4 wrote:

glossy button.png
PhotoShop Project:

ftp://ftp.gimp.org/pub/gimp/v2.6/
but don't leech it ( copypaste it and sell it and such things)

EDIT : Oh you mean the project ?
you can just open psd files in GIMP (I'm kinda sure)
Untitled.png

k thx!!

yes i mean the proj
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

mikethedj4
You can edit PhotoShop documents (aka psd's) in Gimp, as Gimp's compatible with them, except it doesn't support layer effects, and there's 1 or 2 layer modes in Gimp that don't work in PS, and it won't let you save it as a psd as it'll tell you what layer mode won't work.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “GFX Media”