Featured Topics

Important site announcements and information.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Featured Topics
CodenStuff
Hello Coders,

I have added another new feature to the site which as the topic title suggests is called "Featured Topics".

It lets you display your topic as a featured topic in the yellow panel at the top of the topic list of whichever section your topic is posted in.

Featured topics will also be displayed on the home page.

To use this feature simply go into any of your topics and you should see a new link at the top of your first post called "Feature" as shown here:

Click that and you will be taken to the featured topic selection screen. Now we dont want everyone featuring their topics otherwise everyone would do it for every topic they post and that would be silly and defeat the purpose of it. So there is a charge for using this feature and it works out as follows:

20 Credits = Display as featured for 5 days
35 Credits = Display as featured for 10 days
60 Credits = Display as featured for 20 days
75 Credits = Display as featured for 30 days

*These credit charges and number of days may change when this feature is completed

So if you post a tutorial, software or any topic that you really want people to know about then this is a great feature because it catches peoples eyes and is one of the first things they see when browsing the forums.

Please let me know if you see any problems/bugs while using this and well I hope you like it so far.

Thank you cooll;
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
Skillful
Skillful Coders
Skillful Coders

Re: Featured Topics
Skillful
Cool feature! Thanks for adding this Craig! :)
Also I cant find featuring in the credit shop.
Instead of LOL use this -
LSIBMHBIWFETALOL

Which means -
Laughing silently in between my head because it wasn't funny enough to actually laugh out loud!
Vikhedgehog
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Vikhedgehog
CoderBoy1201 wrote:
Cool feature! Thanks for adding this Craig! :)
Also I cant find featuring in the credit shop.
Because you need to go to a topic written by YOU and click the feature button. Else it wont work :)
Cheatmasterbw
Coding God
Coding God

Cheatmasterbw
Nice feature!

I have another idea for getting a topic featured:

[*forever* = until someone pays more credits to feature a topic]

I pay 5 credits to get a topic featured *forever*

Someone else pays 10 credits. Now their topic is featured *forever* and my topic is taken down.

Then someone will pay even more. so basically, there will be a featured topic that will stay up until someone pays more credits than the last person.

Just an idea though.
http://www.megaapps.tk/
Vikhedgehog
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Vikhedgehog
Cheatmasterbw wrote:
Nice feature!

I have another idea for getting a topic featured:

[*forever* = until someone pays more credits to feature a topic]

I pay 5 credits to get a topic featured *forever*

Someone else pays 10 credits. Now their topic is featured *forever* and my topic is taken down.

Then someone will pay even more. so basically, there will be a featured topic that will stay up until someone pays more credits than the last person.

Just an idea though.
Would be unfair somehow though. What if somebody has a really good topic but doesnt have the credits to pay. And somebody other payed 2000 cc and the topic isn't that good?
Jg99
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Jg99
good idea codenstuff. I like it, Now i can feature my topics (maybe)
http://www.sctechusa.com SilverCloud Website
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Announcements”