Can't restore computer to factory settings

Anything not covered in the other sections like Computer trouble - Hardware Issues - Upgrades and other technical stuff to be asked in here please.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
SumCode
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

So I want to restore my computer to get it ready for Windows 8. And there's this application called OneKeyRecovery that I have that is supposed to restore my computer to factory settings (this application came with my computer when I got it).

When I shutdown my computer then press the button highlighted in red it will open a application to restore my computer, but unfortunately when I press it-it just boots up my regular OS, Win7. I have tried opening the application in the OS and clicking open system recovery environment, but that doesn't work either.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I have this feeling there's a extremely simple answer to this and I'm going to feel stupid.
mandai
Coding God
Coding God

I believe this OneKey Recovery button is used on some Lenovo laptops.

This key is only used to start the OneKey software (providing you are already booted into Windows). The software can then be used to make a whole backup of the system so it can be restored later.
You can only restore the system if you created a backup with this previously.

I believe there are some guides on Lenovo's website that show how to backup and restore data with this software.
SumCode
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

So do you know of a way that I can restore my C drive to default factory settings? Without the backup.
mandai
Coding God
Coding God

It is difficult to say judging from the details that are available. Typically some manufacturers will include a built-in factory restore option, but you should check with Lenovo to see what works on your model.
SumCode
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Alright so I called them and basically what they said was to press F11 on start-up. So I hung up on them and said I'll call tomorrow if it didn't work. So I tried it and they said and they said a menu would appear talking about the system restore and this option was never displayed. So do you know what's up? Should I re-install onekeyrecovery?
mandai
Coding God
Coding God

If their advice doesn't work it might mean the recovery partition is not available for some reason.
There wouldn't be much point reinstalling the recovery software unless you have made a backup with it in the past.

I believe your best option would be to mention to them it's still not working and see what they say, but if they aren't able to solve it you would probably have to use a Windows disc to reinstall the system back to a basic state.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “General Help”