#1 Rainbow

Challenge topics and posts from previous years, for the memories :)
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1 Rainbow
CodenStuff
Challenge #1

Rainbow

Welcome to the first Mad March daily challenge of 2013 :D

Let's start things of with something colorful and today's challenge is to create a color picker. Not just a simple color dialog but a full blown color picker that lets you choose from a huge range of colors like this for example:

That makes your eyes go funny :shock:

Not only should you be able to choose any color but it should output that color in both RGB and HTML color code format.

So the challenge:

Create a color picker
Output the color code in RGB
Output the color code in HTML

Bonus Crazy Points will be awarded for the most creative entries and any other features you choose to add to the picker such as color charts.

As with all daily challenges (unless otherwise specified) you have 24 hours to complete this challenge and post your entry.

No restrictions on what you use to create this: vb.net, c#, c++, javascript, flash..use whatever you want.

Post your entry here when you finish cooll;
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
comathi
Coding God
Coding God

Re: #1 Rainbow
comathi
Here's my entry:

This file is hosted off-site.

It features trackbar RGBA value selection, HTML hex code output and a color preview. On top of selecting colours with the trackbars, you can also enter the hex code and it'll convert it (just click on the Hex code Label to make a TextBox appear).

I'll most likely add more features throughout the day, but I wanted to make sure I posted something just in case ;)
Shim
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Shim
ok i am now with my entree here by the way sorry cody i could not make what you actually wanted whatever i tried to do like rainbow but it is not easy . guys if you want to make what actually cody wants just you need to have action script 3 ;) and here is a nice tutorial on creating a rainbow style color picker . this is how my program looks like .
weird eh !! :?

you download here
Shims Color Picker.rar
sorry for my weird english :lol: , good luck guys cooll;
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Shim on Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Find my programs on Softpedia
Scottie1972
Codenstuff Elite
Codenstuff Elite

Scottie1972
Here is my entry.
I used the image that you posted as the Color board.
Scottie-MM_Comp-1.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RunarM
Hardcore Programmer
Hardcore Programmer

RunarM
Here is my entry.

I added an enter to look up Hex/HTML colors and a similar/fitting color feature but I had to make them non functional because I have been awake for over 40 hours straight and I need sleep now!
Rain.zip
Just another day in my life.
http://www.codexvideos.com
Skillful
Skillful Coders
Skillful Coders

Skillful
Here is my entry.
Has two types of color pickers to choose from.

Screen shots :-

2.PNG
3.PNG

Download :-
MMDC 1 - Rainbow.zip
Instead of LOL use this -
LSIBMHBIWFETALOL

Which means -
Laughing silently in between my head because it wasn't funny enough to actually laugh out loud!
Filip
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

Filip
Hello, this is my entry:

Entry
CodenStuff wrote:
Nope, it's just your sick and dirty mind. You sick twisted warped little pervo :D
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Mad March Challenge Archive”