Found some lost treasure

If your a member of codenstuff then this is the main place to be. Get together..talk..chat and ponder. Have fun. Chill out. Play games.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Found some lost treasure
CodenStuff
Hi,

Just wanted to say that today I cleaned out a cupboard and stumbled across a bag full of old CD-R discs. So I sat down and went through a good chunk of them and so far I found loads of old projects, old backups of the website and some software and games I used back in the Windows 98 days lol.

I'm so happy, this is like finding a gold nugget for me as I thought I'd lost most of this stuff. I've already loaded up old site backups and wow how the site has changed since 2010...back in the days when the layout was so static and boring, menu's never seemed to blend right and we all used to play Team Fortress on a night time lol.....also I'm not sure why RunarM had an image in his signature of a dog humping a mans leg :duh;

Loads of cd's still to search and hopefully I'll find some more lost treasure :D
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
reececlarke
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Re: Found some lost treasure
reececlarke
Yeah brings up a lot of memories when you look at stuff you done in the past, and for this site damn it has changed a lot in the years i have been using it. And i have always found it amusing to go back though my old code, and cringe about how i used to write things.
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

CodenStuff
reececlarke wrote:
Yeah brings up a lot of memories when you look at stuff you done in the past, and for this site damn it has changed a lot in the years i have been using it. And i have always found it amusing to go back though my old code, and cringe about how i used to write things.
I know what you mean about how we used to write things. Looking back at projects when I first started the code is really messy and it took me something like 20 lines of code to do something that I can now do with only 2-3 lines lol

At the end of the day it is all a part of the learning process and you get better with practice....lots and lots of practice :)
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

CodenStuff
So I also found some old HDD's in the back of the cupboard but not wanting to take my PC apart to fit and look at them I went out and bought myself one of those HDD docking stations, only cost £14 and it works like a charm.

On the old HDD's I have found most if not all of my old projects including Infinity updating software, ProXL-J (remember that!) and CnSDesktop...plus loads more cool stuff I thought I'd lost forever. I wish you could all see my face right now, I look as happy as a child on Christmas morning :D

Also found some old site files from a few years ago. Remember the old twitter like social page we used to have? well I found it and I may re-implement it soon.

Keep your eyes on the forum as I will soon post a lot of my old projects (including source-code) for you all to take a look at because I know some of you have been asking for the source to a few of them in the past.
Dummy1912
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Dummy1912
Yay so happy to hear :)

O Merry Christmas hahaha

Can't wait to look into your old stuff
visit us on:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Lau ... -Run.shtml
Check it out ! http://www.softpedia.com/publisher/I-A- ... 90017.html
Check it out ! http://www.softpedia.com/get/Desktop-En ... lock.shtml
smashapps
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

smashapps
Awesome to hear! Couldn't agree more with how exciting it is to find old lost projects :)
My name is Tom | Visit my blog where I post new content every day! Tom's Daily Blog | MineCraft is awesome!
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Codenstuff boardroom”