offBeat Pre-Release Update

Here is the place to post images, videos and downloads of your current and upcoming applications that you are working on.
25 posts Page 3 of 3
Contributors
Filip
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

Re: offBeat Pre-Release Update
Filip
Well again, I can legally download music as long as it is for personal use only (which I do). as stated in article 82 of Copyright and Related Rights Act
82. A natural person may reproduce a work in any medium, if he does so for private
use, which has no direct or indirect commercial purpose...
CodenStuff wrote:
Nope, it's just your sick and dirty mind. You sick twisted warped little pervo :D
Casirus
Codenstuff Elite
Codenstuff Elite

Casirus
A natural person may reproduce a work in any medium, if he does so for private
use, which has no direct or indirect commercial purpose, or if he does so also for other
personal use in the form of photocopying and if this copy is not intended for or accessible to
the public. It shall not be permitted to reproduce the whole book, unless the copies of such
book have been sold out for at least two years, graphic editions of musical works (hereinafter:
sheet music), electronic databases, cartographic works, nor the building of architectural
structures, unless otherwise provided by this Act or a contract.
By reading that and going over the rest of the laws that does not cover actual audio the audio is covered by the protection of the company that holds the legal license of it so The IRAA, IFPI, BPI. still legally own the rights to the music by downloading it you are STILL breaking the law unless you have paid for the song to start with.

This is one argument i know a lot about.
DraculCorp - Progress lives forever
We strive for progress to improve the world we leave behind.
comathi
Coding God
Coding God

comathi
It says you may reproduce a work in any medium (which means audio is included) if you do so for personnal use without direct or indirect commercial purpose.

That says to me you are free to download the content, as long as Smiley isn't getting money for it, and as long as you don't get money for it as well. The companies may very well still own the rights to the song, but in Croatia at least, it seems no infringement is made by downloading them.

I don't see where this mentions you must own the song in the first place :?

Edit: Nevertheless, #Smiley, you might want to include a disclaimer with your app so the users can check with their local laws and not unknowingly infringe them.
Casirus
Codenstuff Elite
Codenstuff Elite

Casirus
it does not mention it in that it is the way standard copyright protection works via the international copyright treaty/agreement the way the law works has a loophole, you are allowed to download works as long as you already own/owned the content you are downloading for example, backup purposes.

Copyright laws are very tricky you need to really understand the base of the law. it is a pain to go through.

but as it stands i dont have the willpower or time to explain it all, all i will say is the laws have a way of seeming simple but can be very deceptive just make sure you disable the download features and give a warning to those going to enable it that they might be breaking the law
DraculCorp - Progress lives forever
We strive for progress to improve the world we leave behind.
Smiley
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Smiley
Casirus wrote:
it does not mention it in that it is the way standard copyright protection works via the international copyright treaty/agreement the way the law works has a loophole, you are allowed to download works as long as you already own/owned the content you are downloading for example, backup purposes.

Copyright laws are very tricky you need to really understand the base of the law. it is a pain to go through.

but as it stands i dont have the willpower or time to explain it all, all i will say is the laws have a way of seeming simple but can be very deceptive just make sure you disable the download features and give a warning to those going to enable it that they might be breaking the law
Thanks for the info, i have removed the link and in the next update the user will choose whether they want downloading enabled at startup.

Smiley cooll;
25 posts Page 3 of 3
Return to “Work in Progress”