Only buy products from ebay that accept returns.

If your a member of codenstuff then this is the main place to be. Get together..talk..chat and ponder. Have fun. Chill out. Play games.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

I recently got screwed from an ebay purchase of a shake flashlight that didn't have a magnet except a cut piece of steel, and the coil of wire was copper painted tape with no wire connections. What did I learn. To only purchase items from ebay that have returns accepted.

So I'll be trying to sell this for the next few weeks to someone on craigslist (pawn store clerk was smart enough to open it and check inside)

I have a few experiments going on, but I plan on working on another hopefully next week and it's "Crystal Power Cells". Along with some graphite battery experiments as well.

So here's the basic schematic on how to build your own shake flashlight (a 1uf capacitor isn't going to help. I plan using a 480uf 30v electrolytic capacitor with 4 germanium diodes from my free energy from air circuit that way I don't have to buy a bridge rectifier and get the same result)
shake-flashlight-schematic.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
XTechVB
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

I learned this lesson the hard way, a few years ago. I bought something and when it arrived, it wasn't quite what they said.
You can find me on Facebook or on Skype mihai_92b
kolega28
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

My experience isn't really about no returns, but ages ago now I ordered headphones from china for like 20-30 GBP, after a month I messaged the seller because they still hadn't come, no reply. It's been a couple years now, they never came. So yeah it's easy to get screwed over on ebay
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

I know this is an old post but i will give my experiences on using Ebay.

I joined Ebay in 2004 and as of today I have a feedback score of 931 and 100% good feedback, I used to sell stuff on Ebay but gave up selling when they started charging me a commission for adding Postage ( bloody cheek) :what; I now only buy, which is why I have so much tech, I am running out of space :). In all the time i have been on Ebay I have had only 3-4 times that someone either ripped me off or the item never arrived. Luckily all the times I have been covered by Paypal Protection ( I only use Paypal to pay for items). In the last 12 months i have bought 133 items and some have come from places as far flung as Latvia/China/Singapore/Germany and all those items have arrived safely.

So my overall experience has been very good

Respect

Chris
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Codenstuff boardroom”