#2 Code-A-Sketch

Complete a set challenge every day like: App making, Code solving, Image designs, Web Scripts and more. Win crazy points and prizes.
Forum rules
Please only post a reply if its a challenge entry - other posts and comments will be deleted. - Guide and Rules
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2 Code-A-Sketch
CodenStuff
Welcome to Challenge #2

Code-A-Sketch

We all (or at least most of us) know what an Etch-A-Sketch is, if you don't then here's a video of one in action:
Now your challenge for today is to recreate the etch-a-sketch in application form, this can be done in any coding language you wish and can be either a desktop app or web app. The etch-a-sketch works by turning two knobs which control where the "pen" is and moves on the screen, one knob moves the pen horizontally and the other moves it vertically and you use both knobs to create an image on the screen.

The only condition for this contest is that the user must not be allowed to use their mouse or finger to draw on the screen, you could have two knobs to realistically make your app like an etch-a-sketch or you can use the arrow keys on a keyboard.

Rules for this contest:
1 Entry per person
Must not be allowed to use mouse or finger to draw. Only knobs, click-able buttons or arrow keys are permitted for interaction.

50 Crazy point bonus and a guaranteed prize for ALL qualifying entries!

Have fun and I can't wait to see your entries on this one cooll;
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
comathi
Coding God
Coding God

Re: #2 Code-A-Sketch
comathi
That's exactly the point of an Etch-A-Sketch lol

You move the pointer up and down and left and right and a trail follows it. Your drawing ends up being one continuous line. Hours and hours of childhood memories right there :)

Edit: The picture Cody posted is misleading. - 50 points to him!

Edit again: Here's my entry. Use W, A, S, D to draw, click "Clear" to clear the image cooll;

http://projects.comathi.com/mm/2014/code-a-sketch/

Usman55
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Re: #2 Code-A-Sketch
Usman55
No time to explain. Here's my entry. Took me a little more than 2 hours to make. And I started building it when it was my bed time :p So I'm already 2 hours late for bed.

Controls are the arrow keys and enter for reset. No time for screenshot, sorry.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Mad March Daily Challenge”