Etch A Sketch

Please post all your completed software applications in here. This is for full software which you have created and wish to release and share with everyone.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
Usman55
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Etch A Sketch
Usman55
Hello fellow Codenstuffers,

My latest app inspired by the famous 1960's toy 'Etch A Sketch' is now complete. If you're unfamiliar with 'Etch A Sketch', basically it's a board with two knobs attached to it. One moves the pointer left and right, and the other moves it up and down. As the pointer moves on the screen, it leaves a trail behind.

I started working on this app on 2nd March as a part of MMDC#2. The basic code took a little less than 2 hours to write. I rushed the release to participate in that challenge.. But I worked on it for about a week, adding features and fixing bugs here and there. I think this is the final release. I won't be working on it any more as exams are very near now.

The app has 2 modes: Classic, which remains loyal to the original toy with little to no change in interface in working. And Revamped, a much more sophisticated version which offers options for the customization of the brush.

As of now, most of the bugs have been fixed and the app is stable. However, there are 2 known bugs. The sketch area gets reset when the Settings form is loaded. So it is suggested to change the settings beforehand and using the Brush Size panel on the left instead. The other bug is also similar: the form gets reset when the Alt or Tab button is pressed for the first time. So press them yourself on opening the app to avoid losing your sketch afterwards.

The app is tested and works on Windows 7 and 8.1. It utilizes .Net Framework 4.5 as it's base framework as it's been built using VS2013.

The controls are the arrow keys to move the pointer and enter to reset the sketch. On-screen controls can be enabled from settings.

I hope you guys like it. Feedback is much appreciated, even more if it's positive.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
noypikami
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Re: Etch A Sketch
noypikami
it looks great, i try it and see how it works. +rep.
noypikami
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

noypikami
i was pressing the button of th etch a skitch, thought it will work only to find out
that it was the arrow keys that make the pen move. :roll:
here's the result. dunnno;
XTechVB
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

XTechVB
Nice, I never played this game before, its quite fun :D
You can find me on Facebook or on Skype mihai_92b
Usman55
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Usman55
#noypikami The button on the Etch A Sketch work but you have to enable them from the Settings. And your form looks strange. Which Windows are you using? It's not supposed to look like that. I'll have to look into the problem.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Full Software”