So what's new?

If your a member of codenstuff then this is the main place to be. Get together..talk..chat and ponder. Have fun. Chill out. Play games.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

So what's new?
CodenStuff
Hello Coders,

Yes I've been a bit quiet recently because I've been going through a lot of "life" related stuff and I haven't had a lot of free time to do any coding...or anything much for that matter lol

I'm still here though and tinkering away at the website whenever I get the chance and I'm looking forward to the release of Windows 10 later this month and hope to get my hands dirty working with that and creating some awesome apps and stuff.

Lets not forget that on the 22nd of July we will also be celebrating our sites 6th Birthday. Wow has it really been 6 years? - I'll get more in to that on the actual day lol

Anyway what's new with you guys, working on anything awesome?, doing anything awesome in life (college/work)?
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
comathi
Coding God
Coding God

Re: So what's new?
comathi
Counting down the days until the Windows 10 release... I reserved my free copy as well as one for my parents' computers. By Dog this is going to be a Windows 10 household! devil;

Haven't been coding much. I guess I ran out of inspiration lol. Although I've been really interested in astronomy and astrophysics lately, so I'm thinking of coding something similar to Stellarium, an open-source planetarium software, and playing around with controlling my telescope from a computer or some other device :)

The other day I had the opportunity to go to an international dark sky reserve a few hours away from me with my cousin. I got to take some amazing shots of the night sky and for the first time ever I was able to see the Andromeda galaxy :D

Codex
Coding God
Coding God

Codex
Whoah, been some months already since I was last active.. Short version is that I passed my IB diploma, applied to some universities around the country, all the while working. I'm also currently taking a gap year (unless I get some interesting offer from a university), hoping to gain some new experience by traveling and working on (hopefully) new projects. My last project, Happy Code, will most likely resurface the WoP section, with hopefully something interesting to serve some purpose for the currently experimental site. I'm excited to be active again on this site, tho I've noticed it's been unactive recently.
We shall let the revolution begin.. the revolution for freedom, freedom against censorship. We shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

CodenStuff
Those images look amazing comathi cooll; I think it would be a great idea to combine your astronomy hobby with coding and create a truly interactive experience. Let me know if you spot filips mother ship out there lol :lol:

Happy coding sounds interesting, Codex, what's that about?
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
Codex
Coding God
Coding God

Codex
I built it for the purpose of doing some experimental coding, such as creating a CMS. I chose the name Happy Code in the event that I turn it into a code blog of some sort. Still haven't decided what I'm going to do with it, but any ideas are welcome :)
We shall let the revolution begin.. the revolution for freedom, freedom against censorship. We shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender
KraZy
Top Poster
Top Poster

KraZy
Coden, why not release proxlj 2.0? I contacted you in private, I have many interesting ideas for implementing the software in woocommerce. What are you telling me? However with regard to the topic ... this year I get the diploma and I hope to find a job by the end of year otherwise I will go to university. I am also developing a new software.
I'm in the empire business.
smashapps
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

smashapps
Hey all,

Happy 6th birthday Codenstuff!

I've been here for more than 4 years now.

I haven't done much programming for nearly a year and a half now. As I've said previously more than a year ago I became homeless, kicked out of my mum's house,
found work and started renting a place with my partner (celebrating our 5th anniversary on 31st July). I was trying to find work in IT but any job I can get in IT won't
pay as much as I am earning now cleaning. So I'm staying as a contractor cleaning domestic/commercial for the long foreseeable future.

I would love to program but I have no idea what to work on. I have been spending my free time gardening. I'd like to go commercial in vegetable growing.
My name is Tom | Visit my blog where I post new content every day! Tom's Daily Blog | MineCraft is awesome!
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

hungryhounduk
Hey Guys
Hungryhound here :)

Well I have not been around on this site for a long time, I just lost all interest in Coding :( Although I did knock up a little app for myself dealing with 3D Studio Max and Actionscript.
I have managed to start my Own Business and deal mainly with Photography, I do Photoshoots and Portraits etc etc, I have Photographed some great Models and also have sold some Prints that I did ( Landscapes).
I bought a really expensive Canon Pixma Printer (A3) and the quality and sharpness is outstanding, Just shows that you gotta spend the money to get great results.

Anyways HAPPY BIRTHDAY CODENSTUFF

Hope you all are well and doing fine

Respect

Chris
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

CodenStuff
Glad to hear you're doing good, hungryhounduk. Wish I had the money to start my own business but I'm thinking about buying cheap old laptops off of Ebay and then fixing them up and flogging them back on Ebay for profit, a sort of home business lol

At the moment I'm trying to get back in coding as much as I can and working on a Universal Windows Game as a bit of fun.

What type of models do you photograph? and are any of them single and female? lol winky; :lol:
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

mikethedj4
smashapps I been homeless myself, so I'm glad to hear you're doing better and back on your feet man!

As for me I been working two jobs one as a personal trainer and the other as a package handler at FedEx. I recently left FedEx so I can spend more time developing software. So I'm doing freelance web design/development now, but also have more free-time to work on my software I'm real excited about ([http://kodeweave.sf.net/]kodeWeave Touch[/url], [http://webdgap.sf.net/]WebDGap[/url], and [http://myrrord.sf.net/]Myrrord[/url]). With my work hours now I plan on attending some software development conferences (and presenting my some of my apps as well)

The last fourth of July I had a drunk accident where I my thumb was cut open by glass (tore an artery, a nerve, and cut a tendant, which I had to spend my entire savings on my surgery) A few months later I'm still healing and my doctor told me I'll never have 100% feeling or use back. At most 90-95%, and It'll take about 2 years to get full feeling back, but I'm not on any work restriction I can use it fine now. However I'm working on getting my strength back, and of course saving my $$$ to pay the months old hospital bills.

Aside from my daily work I'm also learning Spanish, French, Russian, Mandarin, and American Sign Language. (Oh and according to Duolingo I'm now 42% fluent in Spanish)

I also plan on learning German, Arabic, and Japanese.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Codenstuff boardroom”