New home page design and fixes

If your a member of codenstuff then this is the main place to be. Get together..talk..chat and ponder. Have fun. Chill out. Play games.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

New home page design and fixes
CodenStuff
Hello Coders,

After a lot of thinking I have finally managed to re-do a few things and we now have a new look home page.

So what's new?

1) New visitors are now able to search the site.
Why: Because I realized some people may not want to register when they first arrive but they will want to try and find whatever they're looking for..now they can without any hassle.

2) Latest posts and Topics have been updated.
Why: Before the update the Latest Posts list showed the first post from new topics which ended up making both the latest posts and latest topic lists look virtually identical. Now it will only display the latest reply to the topic.

3) Ask a question button.
Why: When new visitors come to the site looking to get help with a problem they will now see a big green button which when clicked will lead them through the registration process so they can get an answer quickly.

2) News articles (Blurbs)
Why: This gives the home page a much better feel and it looks fuller with content. It also allows us to keep everyone up-to-date with what is happening in the tech world and anything else we feel may interest you. This will also include software reviews where we will review software created by our members.

What else has been done in this update:
- Fixed the member tagging feature "#Username" where display errors occurred when certain members names were used
- Fixed youtube video display within posts so they're now responsive with the layout
- Added features to help boost our search rankings and get us noticed more
- Minor template fixes and adjustments

More updates on the way but until then I hope you like what I'm doing so far :)
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Fantastic! I love the work you're doing on here bro keep it up :)

Next more smileys like ROFL, and Thumbs Up please :D
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Codenstuff boardroom”