Web Development or Desktop Development?

Start your word games and stuff in here for people to take part and have fun with.
9 posts Page 1 of 1

33%
Web Development
67%
Desktop Development

Total votes: 9

Contributors
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Which do you like/prefer, and why?
Zulf
Serious Programmer
Serious Programmer

Desktop Development: I think it's more flexible in functionality because you can use other functions that aren't very 'accessible' when using web development.

Web Development: I don't really know anything about it, but I guess it's also good because it can be used globally through different OS's.

But Java can be used on Linux-based, Mac, PC, Solaris, Unix.
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Which do you like/prefer, and why?
mmmm Now that is a conundrum :)

In my experience they both go hand in hand, In fact MYPortal (tm) is based on the two and features a Desktop with webPortal ( but more about that some other time :) ) If you know Flash/Html/Java etc, the skies the Limit..

Chris
MrAksel
C# Coder
C# Coder

Desktop is has more options/features as Zulf said, I prefer that
LMAOSHMSFOAIDMT
Laughing my a** of so hard my sombrero fell off and I dropped my taco lmao;

Over 30 projects with source code!
Please give reputation to helpful members!

Codex
Coding God
Coding God

That's is a hard question to answer.

Well, if i was to choose the one i like using more, then it's web development, even though i like both.
We shall let the revolution begin.. the revolution for freedom, freedom against censorship. We shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

I prefer web development, and here's the reasons why...

1) Everybody uses a web browser
2) It's the most used application on most pc's (note: I'm not specifying windows, pc = personal computer)
3) No compiler needed
4) You can find a web app for almost anything now, Alternative Apps has a bunch listed to prove it.
5) Cross platform compatible

but thanks to desktop development we have a web browser. They both have strong points like desktop programming syntax like Assembly you can use to make an operating system. That can be ran on floppy's, cd's, hard drives, etc:

So they both are great, however I personally prefer web development, and you get the ideas why.
Usman55
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

mikethedj4 wrote:
I prefer web development, and here's the reasons why...

1) Everybody uses a web browser
2) It's the most used application on most pc's (note: I'm not specifying windows, pc = personal computer)
3) No compiler needed
4) You can find a web app for almost anything now, Alternative Apps has a bunch listed to prove it.
5) Cross platform compatible

but thanks to desktop development we have a web browser. They both have strong points like desktop programming syntax like Assembly you can use to make an operating system. That can be ran on floppy's, cd's, hard drives, etc:

So they both are great, however I personally prefer web development, and you get the ideas why.
I think that's what Google thought before developing Google Chrome OS. How about we 'CodenStuff Community' develop an operating system.
M1z23R
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Nice idea :D
I my self like web apps more, cuz when ever i can't find for example word on my computer, or can't start it, i use internet :D i found "online" web app- WORD, it is on skydrive.com ...
Agust1337
Coding God
Coding God

Usman55 wrote:
I think that's what Google thought before developing Google Chrome OS. How about we 'CodenStuff Community' develop an operating system.
That would take a lot of time, and also with which and what language should it be made in?
You're crazy!
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested. ~Sheldon Cooper
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Game Room”