Hide files & folders in an jpg, mp3, or avi file

If you have completed an application and wish to share the complete source/project files with everyone then please post it in here. Source-code files only, no tutorials.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
-AMC-

Hello to you all, it's been a while since my last post.

I picked this trick few years ago, but I had to do everything manually, so it was not easy to use for someone who does not know much about computers. Now I made this program in Visual Basic 2010 for making your own jpg, mp3, and avi files that can be used normally, but when you open it with 7zip or similar program you can use, add, delete, etc. other files and folders.

I tested those files in next programs, and it worked perfectly>>>
AIMP2, GOM, Winamp, VLC, Real Player, KMPlayer, Windows Media Player, Wave Sound Editor, Paint, 7zip.
Please rate, download, comment, suggest improvements...

I wanted to put entire project for download, but it's too big, so I copied the code in Notepad and I have attached it for download below together with the program...

PS. Nobody is perfect, but this application does what it is supposed to. I explained how it works below in comments, and if you want it, download it, and don't complain if you expected more, I did this the best I could. If you want to, suggest how to improve it...
Last edited by -AMC- on Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImageImage
Filip
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

Wrong forum!
CodenStuff wrote:
Nope, it's just your sick and dirty mind. You sick twisted warped little pervo :D
mandai
Coding God
Coding God

Does this work without corrupting the file format?
-AMC-

mandai wrote:
Does this work without corrupting the file format?
Yes,you can use those files normally, play mp3 and avi in a player, or preview images...
ImageImageImage
Bogoh67
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

could it possibly be doing something like
opening cmd typing cd desktop
copy /b NameOfpicture.jpg + rarorzipname.rar output.jpg?
-AMC-

Bogoh67 wrote:
could it possibly be doing something like
opening cmd typing cd desktop
copy /b NameOfpicture.jpg + rarorzipname.rar output.jpg?
Yes, it is based on that command... But here you don't have to search files through cmd and worry whether you've typed everything correctly in cmd (for users who don't know much about cmd), and make your own zip, rar, or 7zip file...All you have to do is to run the "setup" I have made (not really a setup file, just self-extract 7zip file), it will extract what is needed to C:\Program Files , and when you want to make a folder/file in a picture, mp3, or avi file, just run the application and follow the manual written on its form (you just copy pic,mp3, or avi to folder C:\Program Files\Srbajdza, rename it to Srbajdza, click what you want and you will get file Final(.jpg, .mp3, or .avi).
ImageImageImage
mandai
Coding God
Coding God

By just appending one file to the end of another, you are corrupting the format of that file type. Not all programs will be able to use the output file.
-AMC-

mandai wrote:
By just appending one file to the end of another, you are corrupting the format of that file type. Not all programs will be able to use the output file.
I didn't know that...
I tried to play those files in AIMP2, GOM, Winamp, VLC, Real Player, KMPlayer, Windows Media Player, Wave Sound Editor, Paint, and it worked perfectly...
However, if you, for example, open a picture in Paint and save it as a new file it would no longer contain 7zip folder...
This is used for masking stuff that you don't want everybody to see, and not to make a file that would be played at all players and programs..
ImageImageImage
mandai
Coding God
Coding God

There is no guarantee it will work in any future versions.
Programmatically, the idea of hiding one file in another is to do it while following the structure of the file format.
e.g. a JPG file could contain chunks of metadata that hold blocks of your own code.
-AMC-

mandai wrote:
There is no guarantee it will work in any future versions.
Programmatically, the idea of hiding one file in another is to do it while following the structure of the file format.
e.g. a JPG file could contain chunks of metadata that hold blocks of your own code.
Well, I don't know what is gonna happen tomorrow, nobody does. I just began making stuff in VB and I'm going step by step...
ImageImageImage
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Source-Code”