Free Antivirus Software

Anything not covered in other boards, software, tricks, tweaks, help etc please post in here.
35 posts Page 1 of 4
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Free Antivirus Software
hungryhounduk
Hi All
I have been running this on my Computer for about 5 years or more and so has some of my Family and it has been totally FANTASTIC 8-) and its FREE for Home Use.....

Its Called AVAST Antivirus

http://www.avast.com

Go to this Link and Download it from the Programs Downloads Section ( The FREE Home Version )
All you need to do is SET IT UP and then just Register it and then its Free, Plus you get all the Free Updates on Demand Automatically..... 8-)

Before i found Avast, i have used Norton, AVG and other Virus Software and too be totally Honest they have been lacking in Reliability and Yes I did get Virus's even tho they were supposed to protect my Systems :shock: But this has been the best so far and if i had to Pay for it then I would as I know that it does what it says on the Tin. But Hey dont take my word for it, CHECK IT OUT and I will Guarentee YOU WONT BE DISSAPOINTED...

And NO I dont work for them or have any affiliation with the Company

I just want to let you Guys and Gals know about it because it does work and is 100% Efficient 8-)

It works Effortlessly On XP Home and XP Pro and Vista......I have used all these and have had it set up on all of them so i know what i'm talking about.

It really is a Godsend.......
Robby
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Re: Free Antivirus Software
Robby
Hi hungryhounduk,

This is a great Antivirus and i m usign it right now

But do you know the difference between the home one and the pro one becuz if the pro one is any better than i would wana use that more but if u do know any difference between pro and this one then please tell me.

P.S I use to have Norton Antivirus and it was really taking a lot of space on my computer and lagging like crazy becuz of it updaitng like every 5 minutes... and also it wasn't as good as Avast as being a free Antivirus

So yea if you find a difference between these 2 versions then please tell me!
My current Projects Listed Below:
Toixt++ Text Editor Just 10 or less more features to go!
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

hungryhounduk
Hi Robby1998
I dont know difference between the two programs all i know is that the Home one is FREE and the others arn't ;) and yeah i know what mean about Norten Being Laggy :roll:

Chris
Robby
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Robby
Lol yea thanks for the quick reply but if u ever figure it out please tell me becuz i need to know it so i can decide if i will get pro or home when my activation key expires

now comparing Avast to Norton i would always get Avast but before i thought Norton was like the best one ever but i guess i was wrong =P

Ty

Robby1998
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

hungryhounduk
Lol yea thanks for the quick reply but if u ever figure it out please tell me becuz i need to know it so i can decide if i will get pro or home when my activation key expires
Hi Robby1998
The Avast Home Edition is a FREE Version and all you do when the Key Expires is DOWNLOAD ANOTHER COPY OF THE AVAST HOME EDITION PROGRAM, and RE-REGISTER IT cooll; then it is FREE again for Another 16 Months ( or however long it runs for) There is no need to get the Pro Version ( as you will have to PAY FOR IT, and its not really for Home Use.

Chris
Robby
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Robby
ok thx for repyling i will need to register again with a different email the next time or the same one becuz if it is deiffrent then that would be no good at all but is it registering it at the same email or different one?

Thx for reafding

robby1998
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

hungryhounduk
Hi Robby1998
It does not matter if you re-register with a new email address as in the options when you re-register it asks if you are an Existing Registerd User or a New User, I have formatted my computers loads of times over the years i have been using Avast and I have always said a New User each time and have always had no problems.

Chris
Robby
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Robby
ok thanx for the reply that should mean i will have no problems either =P

Robby1998
Nery
Co-Admin Moderator
Co-Admin Moderator

Nery
I've been using Avira and I think it totally pwns, very secure and fast.
CodemaN
VIP Access - Denied
VIP Access - Denied

CodemaN
thanks man the best antivirius of the world!!!!!!!!!!!
35 posts Page 1 of 4
Return to “Misc”