LocalList - Maps Alternative to Craigslist

Here is the place to post images, videos and downloads of your current and upcoming applications that you are working on.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

I wrote this down a few months ago, but never actually had the incentive to build this app because of funding and I don't really like my web hosting provider. So if anyone is willing to collaborate it'd be nice to get this app in development and out to the public.

Part of what gave me the idea of this app was using
Trapster, and Fuzz Alert, so I figured to improve on the concept without actually leasing out the idea of law enforcement. I personally don't like cops for various reasons, but in some cases they are relevant. Never the less the only way to save the community from self destruction is the community itself.

Concept Idea:
Got a job you need done, and willing to pay someone to do it?
Have stuff to sell, or just give away?
Have a place for rent?
Maybe you're willing to work for a service either personal, or professional.

So say for example I own another house, and it's up for rent. I post on the site set the address of the house and you can view it on Google Maps, or Bing Maps (whichever your choice, but Bing is by default) You can see the house, embedded your article(s) via maps, and you can use HTML/CSS in your article submission as well.

They'll be a crime section where for example say I saw someone selling coke on the streets. If I'm at the right place at the right time I can take a photo and upload it to the website corresponding to my location that way anyone using this app can see where I was, and the time the photo was taken (all updated live). Now of course like all services this can be abused, and it won't stop malicious activity, but this can be incredibly helpful to the people of the community as it's made as a community application. It'll also be free to use for everyone (The free mobile app will have an ad on the bottom of the app, but the full version which will be $1 won't)

Donations will keep the website up and running. This will also be available for Android users. (iOS, later one when I can afford an Apple developers license, but got more important issues to deal with before I can think of that)

You'll also be able to list lost and found, community meetups like groups, classes, general, etc:

In addition It'd be nice to get something like Pocket Change built into the app so people can make points and redeem their points for prizes while being productive. I figured service + good review from a registered member = points. I just haven't thought about how that would be implemented yet as that's not my main focal point with the app.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's all I had written down in a text document. I'd be nice to see this in development and once it's released then marketing can begin, commercials can be made, etc: etc: So if anyone is interested in this or has any ideas feel free to mention something below.
sasunka
Just Registered
Just Registered

Cool! I like your idea. I just wish i could help.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Work in Progress”